Is It Just Me?

gooselover

We have three separate reservations coming up - each time, the last one being just a few minutes ago, I called to make final payment and the representatives seemed less than cheerful!

Anyone else notice this or is it just me thinking this?

Staffing is down, business is slow, so the pressure on agents is probably ramped up. I have noted it on several other cruise lines I have called lately.

They are looking for new bookings, servicing existing bookings, while VERY important to all of us, they need NEW bookings.

Staffing is down, business is slow, so the pressure on agents is probably ramped up. I have noted it on several other cruise lines I have called lately.

They are looking for new bookings, servicing existing bookings, while VERY important to all of us, they need NEW bookings.

All the more reason to be cheerful and pleasant to your clients/prospective clients.

Could be just a bad day or it could also be a lot of people phoning in demanding OBC for lower prices than they paid or demanding an upgrade cause they feel they more than anyone else deserves one

Another reason I am sticking with my TA of 4 years. Always cheerful, always helpful (even after I have paid my final payment), up to date on things, and willing to answer question upon question.

They are a small office, but I have never been made to feel that I am a bother to them just because my call is not for a NEW booking.

We have three separate reservations coming up - each time, the last one being just a few minutes ago, I called to make final payment and the representatives seemed less than cheerful!

Anyone else notice this or is it just me thinking this?

I think they were probably upset because you aren't taking them along.:p

Bill

Amazing . . . simply amazing.

Ships are sailing full. I have not read or heard of any layoffs or staff reductions either on shore or on board the ships. Business down? Maybe a little bit, but not much.

It is time we all stopped with the urban myths and realize that if you still have a job nothing has changed from three or four years ago, when things were great.

Hi guys. I know people want to help but it's a board violation to recommend your PVP on the message board. I know there are some great ones out there! But you can't name them. You should also be careful about touting your travel agent. If you do that often enough, it starts to look like you're pushing them. Sorry. :o I know people just want to help.

Thanks

Archived