Superstructure at the AFT

4merlurker

OK so I'm booked in 9392 (explorer) and keep reading about the "superstructure" that will be blocking my view. Is this true? From the pics I've seen (thanks BonnieV) it looks like this structure is below deck 9. is that true? Does anyone have any pictures looking straight back from this balcony? I realize we wont be able to look straight down into the water, (hope I don't miss that :() but will the view straight out be obstructed?

~Connie

This is the Explorer of the Seas. The red box is around the four Royal Family Suites on decks eight & nine ...

Exploreraft.jpg

And this is the Voyager of the Seas (older sister of the Explorer of the Seas). The purple box marks the four RFS on decks eight & nine ...

Voyageraft.jpg

cuizer2 which balc are these pics taken from?

Thanks~

Connie

The first, second, third, fifth & sixth photos are taken from cabin 8414 (a RFS) on the Freedom of the Seas (which has the same structure as the Voyager class ships). I am not sure which balcony the fourth photo was take from, but it is also on the Freedom of the Seas.

I posted those photos so you could what it is like to look through the structure. I have some photos from a cabin on deck ten of the Mariner of the Seas, but I have not uploaded it to the Internet yet.

Thanks Cuizer2!!! :) It doesn't look too bad.

I realize at the back of the ship you really see where you've been but not where you are going....anyone miss not being able to see the port/surrounding areas while coming in to port or docking?

~Connie

I am an aft snob- we had one of these on deck 8 on the Voyager.

I am glad I was aware of the structure before I went so I was not shocked when I saw it in person.

I would book another one of these again if I was sailing Royal Caribean.

The balcony size more then makes up for any structure that is out there.

As for being in the back of the ship when pulling into port-- sometimes the ships back in and you have the bestest view.

Do I miss it? nope can always go up top if I need to see that.

I can have a view of the island as we leave and it slips out of view while sitting back there watching that wake.

• 1 month later...

WOW thanks for the pictures. I am going on VOS in a RFS. I have been worried about some cover over the balcony. I was going to bring a canvas cover to help cover us somewhat. So the more I can show her, the better she will feel. Please feel free to E-mail more pictures. Bigtex1622@hotmail.com.

Thanks, Bigtex

WOW thanks for the pictures. I am going on VOS in a RFS. I have been worried about some cover over the balcony. I was going to bring a canvas cover to help cover us somewhat. So the more I can show her, the better she will feel. Please feel free to E-mail more pictures. Bigtex1622@hotmail.com.

Thanks, Bigtex

everything you wanted to know about the voyager class aft

http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi

Thanks, Bigtex

Bigtex--we had VOS aft cabin 1390. I will say that we could look down on the decks below. There is more structure visible below deck 10. The people in the suite below us on deck 9 commented that they couldn't take a picture because there was too much structure in the way and of course we could see them when they were standing at the railing to about 4 ft back from the rail. However, these balconies are so large there is still about 7 ft that is covered. I loved having our large balcony and cabin in the Aft, but to be honest, I'm just as happy with a side balcony cabin, especially on the hump. No matter what, you will have a great time--also a long walk from the Aft to the elevators--which isn't really a bad thing--you can eat more! Have a great cruise--I will be on the VOS again in Dec.

• 7 months later...

does anyone have any pictures of cabin 1694? Its a JS on deck ten. Is that a bad location? I am so excited to finally be in an aft cabin!!!! explorer or voyager they are almost the same

I am hearing such mixed things.....am i going to be dissapointed??

thanks!!!

Archived