PEI mussels

We are on a 10 day New England/Canada cruise New York to Quebec City on the Eurodam. I've been to most of the ports and one thing I missed most on my last cruise was eating PEI mussels in Charlottetown. We ended up eating at a cafe with not so good food. This time I want to make sure we find a place serving good mussels. Any suggestions?

We returned last Saturday (7/11/09) on board HAL's Maasdam and enjoyed eating mussels at Flex Mussels in Charlottetown, P.E.I, located at 2 Lower Water Street in the Peake's Wharf area.

On their website (www.flexmussels.com) you will find a map location and also view their menu (both mussels and other fare). Their hand-cut french fries were also very tastey (one order for 2 people was very sufficient). Their location overlooks the scenic Charlottetown waterfront.

(Recommended to us by locals.)

Open daily: noon until midnight

For further info, log onto to tripadvisor.com for additional comments and recent reviews.

Happy cruising, Sharon

If you go on the PEI tourism web site there is a listing of restaurants in Chalottetown. I would imagine that they would list mussels on their menus. I have eaten mussels in Charolottetown near the harbor area but I cannot remember the name of the restaurant. You will love Charlottetown. It is a lovely city.

Archived