Bottled Water Packages???

I have looked everywhere and cant seem to find out any details about this?

I see it on the RCI website, but it wont let me look at any deatils, ie: cost, amount of water, etc?

Last time I was on Royal, they had the Soda cards and that was it...

So I wonder, does anyone have any info on this?

I have looked everywhere and cant seem to find out any details about this?

I see it on the RCI website, but it wont let me look at any deatils, ie: cost, amount of water, etc?

Last time I was on Royal, they had the Soda cards and that was it...

So I wonder, does anyone have any info on this?

Yes they sell bottled water packages. Cost is about $3 per bottle. IMHO it is a rip off. The regular water on the ship is provided free everywhere and has been filtered by using the state of art filtration plants and tastes, smells and looks great.

Yes they sell bottled water packages. Cost is about $3 per bottle. IMHO it is a rip off. The regular water on the ship is provided free everywhere and has been filtered by using the state of art filtration plants and tastes, smells and looks great.

I agree, the 'tap' water on the ship is very good/clean.

Just sometimes (esp at night- for on my night stand) I perfer a bottle of water, as well as for taking off the ship on excrusions etc.

just wondered if it was 'worth it' ?

I found the pricing on another thread:

"8 bottles - $22.40 ($2.80 per bottle)

12 bottles - $31.50 ($2.63 per bottle)

16 bottles - $39.20 ($2.45 per bottle)

24 bottles - $54.60 ($2.28 per bottle)

15% gratuity will be added to each package."

The 15% on the 24 bottles come to $8.19! As I said on the other thread - quit a nice tip for dropping off a case of water!!! IMHO that package is about $60 more than what I would be willing to pay.

If you only want a bottle to take on shore, then go ahead and buy 1 bottle---refill as needed! Or, bring your own drinking bottle onto the ship with you. Fill at night, stick in the fridge and it will be cool by morning! If you bring a wide-mouth bottle, you can stick some ice in there, too!

The bottled water was expensive, however we wanted it to take on excursions. With getting off the ship 3 times and 3 people we drank 9 bottles. We did get the 12 bottles for a total price of $40.00. This was on the Freedom of the Seas June 28 sailing. Next time I just might bring a case of dasani or aquafina. Or maybe we will bring a few empty bottles and fill them with the tap water to take on the excursions.

The bottles were evian and 750ml each. We ordered this as soon as we got onboard. They will deliver it to your room. You can get water in a plastic cup or in a glass around the ship for free too. That water tasted good. No problems with it. Hope this helps.

I found the pricing on another thread:

"8 bottles - $22.40 ($2.80 per bottle)

12 bottles - $31.50 ($2.63 per bottle)

16 bottles - $39.20 ($2.45 per bottle)

24 bottles - $54.60 ($2.28 per bottle)

15% gratuity will be added to each package."

The 15% on the 24 bottles come to $8.19! As I said on the other thread - quit a nice tip for dropping off a case of water!!! IMHO that package is about $60 more than what I would be willing to pay.

No kidding....the tip alone is more than I'd pay for 24 bottles of water......wonder if RCI has ever heard of.........SAM'S CLUB or COSTCO??? I understand the cruise line has to make a profit, but those prices are more like.....EXTORTION!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

In all fairness, I do pay $4 for the 'big bottle' of water usually on a cruise... (dont even get me started on what I payed for water at the last Buffett Concert--talk about extortion--in Texas Heat??!!)

I am just trying to figure out if its really a better value or if I will drink 8 bottles.

Like I said, at home Im a water snob, but I dont mind the water on the ship, it is good. (altho I am not one for refilling bottles...just not my thing.)

Guess I will figure it out... I mean if they charge $4 per bottle then for me the 8 count would be good, becasue if I got 4 during the cruise, then I (really) payed what I would have payed for the package.... who knows....

If you're concerned about having a bottle to take on shore, then buy a single bottle as you leave the ship. They sell them for about $3.50 to $5. Hang on to it and refill as needed.

You DO know how much waste in involved with bottled water - right? Great way to fill up a landfill ...

Wow, I can't believe the price is so high for a simple bottle of water, Usually here we can get a 12 pack of bottled water for 0,99$ at our local Pharmaprix (think it would be like a Walgreens in USA) Guess I'll pack a 12 pack in my suitcase along with a 12 pack of Pepsi. Just hope there's no surcharge for overweight luggage in a cruise (I will travel by bus up to New York so I don't have to worry about expensive surcharge for overweight luggage in a plane plus its a lot cheaper to travel by bus from Montreal to New York)

Just to clarify the package prices, the bottles are 1 liter bottles (not the normal 1/2 liter size). And I believe the a la carte price is $3.50.

Still way overpriced (as are many other things on the ship) but just wanted to clarify that we're not talking about 1/2 liter bottles.

There is obviously a market for it and some (not I!) are willing to pay for the convenience.

Just to clarify the package prices, the bottles are 1 liter bottles (not the normal 1/2 liter size). And I believe the a la carte price is $3.50.

Still way overpriced (as are many other things on the ship) but just wanted to clarify that we're not talking about 1/2 liter bottles.

There is obviously a market for it and some (not I!) are willing to pay for the convenience.

Per RCCL's website the bottles are 75 cl.

We took one bottle from the minibar and were charged $4.50. After that, we found that outside the ship at the various ports, vendors were selling bottles and cases of water very cheap! It was funny to see everyone loading up on bottled water and then bringing it back on the ship. Maybe Royal Caribbean will get the hint and start charging a reasonable amount for bottled water.

The bottled water was expensive, however we wanted it to take on excursions. With getting off the ship 3 times and 3 people we drank 9 bottles. We did get the 12 bottles for a total price of $40.00. This was on the Freedom of the Seas June 28 sailing. Next time I just might bring a case of dasani or aquafina. Or maybe we will bring a few empty bottles and fill them with the tap water to take on the excursions.

The bottles were evian and 750ml each. We ordered this as soon as we got onboard. They will deliver it to your room. You can get water in a plastic cup or in a glass around the ship for free too. That water tasted good. No problems with it. Hope this helps.

You can buy water at all of the port stops in a local store for cheap. No need to lug water off of the ship with you!?:confused:

We took one bottle from the minibar and were charged $4.50. After that, we found that outside the ship at the various ports, vendors were selling bottles and cases of water very cheap! It was funny to see everyone loading up on bottled water and then bringing it back on the ship. Maybe Royal Caribbean will get the hint and start charging a reasonable amount for bottled water.

Most likely they will stop allowing people to bring water or soda on board at all. :cool:

THis may sound a silly question, just checking is it okay to bring non alcoholic beverages and food on board either in your luggage or carry on do you have to declare and do they ask the question before boarding at each port. Not sure what the regulations are but understand strickly no alcohol allowed to be brought on board, so how does one have a quiet drink in your cabin, before you are ready to go to a bar, maybe room service but would that take long to deliver? n is there an extra cost for this service, I guess the mini bar is pricey, are there any ideas out there?

Food is a sticky one - agricultural regulations. Non alcoholic drinks you can bring on.

Many have a quiet drink in their cabin - with soda brought aboard and smuggled booze.

THis may sound a silly question, just checking is it okay to bring non alcoholic beverages and food on board either in your luggage or carry on do you have to declare and do they ask the question before boarding at each port. Not sure what the regulations are but understand strickly no alcohol allowed to be brought on board, so how does one have a quiet drink in your cabin, before you are ready to go to a bar, maybe room service but would that take long to deliver? n is there an extra cost for this service, I guess the mini bar is pricey, are there any ideas out there?

Normally you can bring processed, packaged foods on and off the ship. What are generally NOT acceptable are live plants, fresh fruits/vegetables, live animals, etc. If you were in a foreign country, you can bring back processed/pre-packaged foods (such as food produced in a factory).

Archived