Big Sale Desperately Needed Now....

Brenda33

I have been watching the Carnival Dream for 6/26/2010 waiting for a sale now for about 2 weeks. I checked and the price went UP!!! It was already an expensive trip and now it could be about $400 more than I planned. I can't believe the price of this trip to begin with. I don't know if I should just book or if anyone knows of a sale coming up so I can save at least a little bit. I am waiting and waiting, but its getting worse instead of better. I haven't received any email or anything, but sometimes I don't and others do about the sales......please let me know what you think. Thanks so much.

Traditionally any good sales right now, if they happen, are going to be to fill ships between now and the end of 2009.

Since the Dream is the new ship and you wish to sale at the beginning of the summer season when prices are always higher I don't see the prices dropping much in the future for this particular ship and sailing.

If this is the cruise you really want and don't foresee any reason, other something totally unexpected that you would cancel for and would be ok with paying $50 pp if you absolutely had to change to another sailing I'd book Super Saver now and watch for price drops hoping for the best but knowing that if prices continue to go up you'd gotten the best price you could.

Good Luck!:)

Traditionally any good sales right now, if they happen, are going to be to fill ships between now and the end of 2009.

Since the Dream is the new ship and you wish to sale at the beginning of the summer season when prices are always higher I don't see the prices dropping much in the future for this particular ship and sailing.

If this is the cruise you really want and don't foresee any reason, other something totally unexpected that you would cancel for and would be ok with paying $50 pp if you absolutely had to change to another sailing I'd book Super Saver now and watch for price drops hoping for the best but knowing that if prices continue to go up you'd gotten the best price you could.

Good Luck!:)

This is what I was thinking. I'm just so mad at myself for not booking a few days ago!!!

It's summer, the most expensive time to cruise. If you want a real deal, plan for a time when the kids are in school.

Now wouldn't that be nice....but the problem is my daughter is in college and the little guy will be in 2nd grade next year. Their schedules are completely different. If I cruise when my daughter gets out of college the little guy will miss testing that takes place before the 3rd grade. None of their breaks are the same. So I picked earlier in the season rather than August because that seems cheaper. Before my daughter was in college we liked to cruise on the week of Teacher's Convention in November....but it doesn't work out for the college student. :(

I booked the Dream for April 2010 back in May of this year. The price has gone up up up since I originally booked. Early Saver cabins in my category went fast too.

As the previous poster mentioned this is a new ship and prime cruise season for many. If you book now and the price drops or you see a promtion offered you can take advantage of that by calling your PVP and having your booking adjusted. If you wait you risk even higher pricing and a sale may not be the deal you are looking for.

My cruise is in April and there have been no sales offered on it other than Early Saver. I think it's just too new and you may be waiting a long time to find a sale on it. Even the past guest sales aren't working on my cruise.

So I picked earlier in the season rather than August because that seems cheaper. :(

I always thought August was cheaper than June or July, just the opposite.

Look at all the dates, the later in August you can go the cheaper. ... at least that is usually true of the dates I pick.

We booked the Dream last August (08) for December (09). After we booked we got 1 price drop, switched to early saver and the fuel charge went away saving us over $800 for 5 people, glad I booked early. In the past 2 days our cruise has gone up over $500. The point I am trying to make is book as early as possible, you can always get the price drops. And yes cruising late August is cheaper the June, prime time hurricane season and southern schools start early in August.

I can't believe this! I am so happy.....At the time I first looked at this cruise, the August dates were more expensive and now they are $300 per person cheaper!!!! So I am going to call Carnival now for August....wish me luck!!

Watching the Dream prices has been CRAZY!!

We booked the Dream the day they went on sale last year and it has really paid off, with the ES rate, we are now sailing for $35 less pp than we did at the same time last year on the Triumph!! VERY EXCITED!!!

Archived