Forgive me...

tjeanty

..., but what exactly is the Supper Club? Is it like a restaurant that you go to on the ship and you actually pay for the food? Do all the Carnival ships have it? Does the Carnival Victory have it?

The supper club (now called the Steak house, they renamed them a short time ago) is a very upscale dining opportunity. It has a cost (30$/person) and represents what amounts to be 5 star ding. Usually takes about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Very nice and worth it IMO. Only have these on Spirit, Conquest, Splendor and Dream class ships.

The supper clubs/steak houses are very high quality, additional cost restaurants.

The food is easily as good as Morton's or Ruth's Chris.

The charge is $30/pp which includes a small gratuity but most folks feel that the service and quality is worth of an additional tip.

I never sail on a ship with a supper club without visiting it.

Sadly, the Victory isn't among the vessels that have a supper club... Only Spirit Class, Conquest Class, Splendor Class and Dream Class have supper clubs...

..., but what exactly is the Supper Club? Is it like a restaurant that you go to on the ship and you actually pay for the food? Do all the Carnival ships have it? Does the Carnival Victory have it?

No...the Victory does not have one.

:cool:

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO tjeanty: The Supper Club is a resturant that you need a resvervation for. The staff that works there are specially trained to work there and don't do anything else on the ship. It is an additional charge which goes for the service providers. Not all Carnival ships have it. My one experience on Carnival for the Specialty Resturant was that the F & B Manager cancelled my reservation on my anniversary. I did eat in the Specialty Resturant on the Constellation, Celebrity Cruise Line. They have a better policy for hours for the specialty resturant than Carnival does.

We had the most exquisite meal in the Steak House of the Valor! The service was unbelievable.....attentive, but not hanging all over you. They educate you about the beef and bring out frozen examples of the cuts and discuss where they come from on the cow. We found this very interesting.

The somelier (sp) also was very educational about the wine and how to choose, etc. The wine was incredibly expensive, but why not, you're on Vacation!

The food was not to be believed.....absolutely outstanding.

We highly recommend going to the Steak House and having a terrific experience! :D

Archived