Black or creamy/white for formal night?

twocats

I tried to find an answer or suggestion here but nothing comes up in search. Our cruise is to the Panama in late April/early May. Last trip was Alaska before that Mexican coast. Both times it was probably 80% black outfits with a smattering of colors and whites/creams (older crowds). Since this is the Caribbean I wondered if the percentage would be different. I'm not comfortable standing out just like to blend in. What is the trend in spring on the Caribbean. Help please?

I think any color goes as long as it looks good on you and you're comfortable. I have never worn black for formal night because it is too "standard" for me- not that I like to stand out either! I'd say it's more the fabric and style of the dress that would be affected by the climate and location of the cruise than the color.

Hi:) I just returned from a Caribbean Cruise....it was Formal Night LAST THURSDAY......oh I can't believe I am back home:eek:

Anyway...I saw more than just black and white......one of the gals at my table wore a beautiful green gown....sort of a sage......it was lovely.

One of my gowns was a velvet....greenish teal with a shimmery tone to it.

I should have my pictures on webshots next week....and you can check them out to give you an idea what it looked like.

I also have a red cocktail dress on my photos now...click below and all but my Constellation cruise are on there. I wore it on the first cruise listed...that was to the Caribbean as well.

Seems most ladies wear boring black. I've worn black, black and silver, ivory, pale pink, pale aqua, Nancy Regan red, navy, multi-pastel colors.

There are all kinds of colors worn in the Caribbean. Wear what you want.

Thanks for the comments. I have one black dress but will probably look for something brighter for another night. Now I am going to check out the photos, and I will check back next week. If you post here that you have put up the pictures I will get the subscription reminder. Thanks a lot. Carole

• 2 weeks later...

I'm taking several different colors for formal nights on my next cruise, which starts through the Caribbean. My gowns are black, cobalt blue, teal, red, gold & black, plus the two-piece outfits with "car wash" pants in white and black and various colored tops to go with them.

Slinkie

Archived