Not to miss desserts in MDR

dukeysmom

It's called : "Hazelnut Rice Krispy Biscuit with Dark Ganache".

Looking at my menus from the last Galaxy sailing' date=' I thought it could be Hazelnut Rice Crispy Biscuit with Dark Ganache. I also thought it possibly could be Dark Chocolate Meringue Crunch with Brandy Truffle Sauce. [/size']

The lemon tulip is No Sugar Added Tulip Filled with Light Lemon Cream and Fresh Fruits. On the Galaxy cruise, it was up against Cherries Jubilee. Maybe if both are on the menu together on our next cruise, I’ll get two desserts. :D

Kathy

Looking at my menus from the last Galaxy sailing, I thought it could be Hazelnut Rice Crispy Biscuit with Dark Ganache. I also thought it possibly could be Dark Chocolate Meringue Crunch with Brandy Truffle Sauce.

It's definitely the first one. But indeed 'Crispy' with a 'C'.:D

My waiter, Sweetish, was so evil with the desserts. If he knew I was debating between 2, he would bring what I ordered and a few minutes later run up to the table with the other one, laughing! He knew I was terrified of gaining weight on the cruise. Devil! :D

Aren't some of these guys/gals great? They'll do it for you. Takes the sin out of being greedy and ordering two desserts.:D:D:D

Based on our experience on the Infinity a few months ago, the desserts have no wow factor at all. Very limited choices and while I like creme brulee... boring and no better than I can get at home.

The best of our desserts was peanut butter ice cream which was only available once in our 11 night cruise. I agree with a previous poster, the pastries and cakes are a big disappointment (other than the croissants and pastries at breakfast).

In the Aquaspa, I fell in love with their rice tarts. Now that was a delicious dessert.

Based on our experience on the Infinity a few months ago, the desserts have no wow factor at all. Very limited choices and while I like creme brulee... boring and no better than I can get at home. .

I thought the same thing about the deserts on the new menus. My favorite was the Mohr-im-hemd which was available at lunch. I was told that it is no longer offered, but the maitre'd offered to see if he could get one made for me. It was nowhere as good as it used to be - very "cake-y" and dry.

Aren't some of these guys/gals great? They'll do it for you. Takes the sin out of being greedy and ordering two desserts.:D:D:D

He really was great, but I was trying to just have one dessert, and not eat all of it at that! Until I stopped outwardly pondering over 2 desserts, it was the nightly tink and Sweetish show with him grinning ear to ear with the second dessert and me getting (pretend) upset. :p

Next time I will have to order the crispy rice ganache biscuit, Lois.

While all the pictures are scrumptious, no one mentioned the fruit & cheese plate which is offered as a dessert choice. We actually ordered one for each couple as an appetizer and it showed up at every dinner.

This is one reason I like scheduled dining; getting to know your waiter/busboy and they knowing your likes/dislikes.

While all the pictures are scrumptious, no one mentioned the fruit & cheese plate which is offered as a dessert choice. We actually ordered one for each couple as an appetizer and it showed up at every dinner.

This is one reason I like scheduled dining; getting to know your waiter/busboy and they knowing your likes/dislikes.

If Celebrity does Select dining the way Royal Caribbean does My time dining, it won't be an issue. With RCCL's My Time dining, if you like your wait team you have the option of having the same table with them every night.

We were on the T/A in April and they were using new menus for the first time on that cruise. Most nights I ordered the ice cream because nothing else sounded that appealing. The ice cream was good...my favorite was the Mexican Chocolate...which is chocolate with cinnamon. The sherberts were good as well. My DH had some of the sugar free deserts and liked them. LuAnn

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,:) I can't remember the name of it but there is a chocolate pastry

with sort of a rice krispy style crust and I think it is layered too.

Maybe its a chocolate/mocha flavor? I wish I could remember it

better. I just know I really liked it:D

Lois...that is the one!!!!Con Qui or something like that...used to be on the first night all the time.

I did notice that they changed the names of some of the things with the new menus.

I love the ice cream bar...the Soltisce cruise had candy toppings for the sundaes....

Best Ice Cream....Cinnamon!!!

I didn't try the peanut butter ice cream...will have to look for that one!!!!

Mexican dessert...that sounds good too!

Archived