Sold out excursion question

The excursion I wanted to book in Ensenada was not showing up as available for our cruise, so I emailed RC to ask why. They responded, saying it was sold out, which I find hard to believe, but OK.

Last time we sailed to Ensenada (Monarch) we booked this same cruise but it was cancelled because not enough people signed up for it. Now it's sold out months before our Radiance cruise in October. One extreme or the other.

My question to all of you is have you had any luck booking a sold out excursion once you are on board? I thought they kept a certain # of slots to sell on board and that Diamond and above got priority to book sold out excursions.

The excursion I wanted to book in Ensenada was not showing up as available for our cruise, so I emailed RC to ask why. They responded, saying it was sold out, which I find hard to believe, but OK.

Last time we sailed to Ensenada (Monarch) we booked this same cruise but it was cancelled because not enough people signed up for it. Now it's sold out months before our Radiance cruise in October. One extreme or the other.

My question to all of you is have you had any luck booking a sold out excursion once you are on board? I thought they kept a certain # of slots to sell on board and that Diamond and above got priority to book sold out excursions.

It makes sense there would be some slots held out for customers without access to the Internet. I hate waiting in those lines, and was afraid some Italy excursions might be sold out; our last cruise we booked all of our excursions online. It's different when you cruise the Caribbean and have to worry about the weather.

Unfortunately? Diamonds only get Priority wait list for shore excursions/spa service.

kittycatwlv, the excursions have been open for booking for this cruise for at least 4 months already. I tried to book this one in March and they said it was already full. Since this cruise is not selling well it seems odd to me. I am just hoping they actually HAVE this excursion for my cruise. It is listed for all the other Radiance Mexico cruises and has always been available. It's not like it's a unique, one time thing.

SueL, thanks for giving me hope! DH is the one that wants this excursion since he's not fond of Ensenada and it was hard enough getting him on this cruise!

kittycatwlv, the excursions have been open for booking for this cruise for at least 4 months already. I tried to book this one in March and they said it was already full. Since this cruise is not selling well it seems odd to me. I am just hoping they actually HAVE this excursion for my cruise. It is listed for all the other Radiance Mexico cruises and has always been available. It's not like it's a unique, one time thing.

SueL, thanks for giving me hope! DH is the one that wants this excursion since he's not fond of Ensenada and it was hard enough getting him on this cruise!

You'll get your excursion, it's unlikely it's sold out. If you were taking an exotic cruise maybe they'd be sold out but to Ensenada UNLIKELY!

We want to do the Fox Studio excursion. If I was cruising with the girlfriends I would just stay on the ship, as I have done in the past. But DH likes ports and likes to get off the ship. The only problem is, this is Ensenada......not too much to do there. We tried to do this excursion when we were on the Monarch, and like I said, no one else signed up so they canceled it. So I'm really hoping it works out this time.

We're just not interested in any of the other excursions for this port.

Very hard for me to believe that the excurision to the Fox Studios is sold out. They have the "Titanic" remnants from the film there. I have to say...after seeing what others have said about it.......it's not on "my bucket list!"

There are certainly other things to do.......winerys and such, but if you want to see Fox Studios........there will be cabs in Ensenada that will take you there for about the same price as the ship.........and you can share the cab with just one other couple for that price.:)

Rick

they hold back 30% for booking on the ship.

Thanks. This is good news. For our family of 5, we tried to book the Taste of Athens last month for our Legend cruise next month, and they told me it was sold out.

If I booked a different Athens excursion (same but without the free time in Plaka), just in case, could I cancel that and upgrade on the ship if the longer one is available? Otherwise, maybe we'd just stay in town and find our own way back.

Thanks.

Rick, I thought about trying to get out there on our own, but read on the ports board here that it is a $70 cab ride, ONE way!!!! I don't need to see this place THAT much! This is the only excursion in Ensenada that remotely interests us, and since we didn't get to do it on the Monarch and ended up just riding into town and back and spending the rest of the day on the ship, I thought I better make every effort to get it this time.

Thanks. This is good news. For our family of 5, we tried to book the Taste of Athens last month for our Legend cruise next month, and they told me it was sold out.

If I booked a different Athens excursion (same but without the free time in Plaka), just in case, could I cancel that and upgrade on the ship if the longer one is available? Otherwise, maybe we'd just stay in town and find our own way back.

Thanks.

Very easy to get back to the port from the Plaka. You could cancel and upgrade if you choose. If you decide to go on your own just make sure you keep an eye on the time. ;)

I just wanted to report back with an update. Thank you Rancher Dave for suggesting an email to the concierge. I did that and got a prompt response. He said at this point it is too far out for him to do anything, but to email him the week prior to the cruise and he will be able to help me then.

Jogr, I see you are on the same cruise. We do have a thread on the roll call board.....come over and join us!

Archived