Splendor

Twice-a-year

My mom and I will cruise the Carnival Splendor in December from Long Beach. I wanted to know if there is open seating in the Splendor. When I booked the cruise, there were only 2 choices, early or late. I picked early.

My concern is my mother is very old, sometime I might have to help her during the meal. I certainly would like to have a small table for just both of us. How can I make this possible to provide comfortable for my mom. We are celebrating her 90th birthday.

Any suggestion!:)

Not sure what you mean by 'open seating'. Are you talking about AnyTime dining as opposed to fixed seating? And what does that have to do with helping your mom? If you get early seating, you will be assigned a table. When you board the ship, you can go to the dining room to see what kind of table it is, and if it is not to your liking, have it changed to something more private. EM

You could have your TA call CCL and request what you want.

One time, prior to dinner, we contacted the Maitre'D to request another table. You need to do this early as those tables for 2 get reserved early.

Besides, I don't think any other passengers will mind you having to help her. I know I wouldn't. And bless her little heart for going in the first place !

Pat

We just booked the Splendor for March. There will be 4 of us and when we booked and the TA said she would put us at a table for 4. I discussed this with my Mother and she wanted me to change it to a larger table. Anyway I am not sure about a table for 2 but I know there are smaller tables. Hope this helps!

My mom and I will cruise the Carnival Splendor in December from Long Beach. I wanted to know if there is open seating in the Splendor. When I booked the cruise, there were only 2 choices, early or late. I picked early.

My concern is my mother is very old, sometime I might have to help her during the meal. I certainly would like to have a small table for just both of us. How can I make this possible to provide comfortable for my mom. We are celebrating her 90th birthday.

Any suggestion!:)

First, let me start of by saying you are wonderful taking your mother on a cruise. I am sure it means the world to her.

The nice thing about carnival is that they really do work to give you the type of dining experience you want. On 2 seperate cruises my DH and I wanted to dine alone and we went to speak with the Maitre'D shortly after boarding and they moved us to a table for 4 but assured us that it would only be my husband and I at the table. Carnival does a MUCH better job than other cruiselines in accomodating dining requests.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!! We will be on the same cruise in Janaury - please post a review when you return.

My husband and I were just on the Splendor. They do not have anytime dinig or whatever Carnival calls it. But we wanted to sit by ourselves. We went to the dining room on embarkation day and spoke to the Maitre d and he was able to accomodate us. It will be in the Caper and the paper they give you on the dock as to which dining room to go to and what time to meet with him and put in your request.

Have a fun time. And Happy Birthday to your mom.

Kayla

"open seating" usually referes to breakfast and lunch seating in the dining room. You just stand in line, follow the herd, and sit with whomever you please.

I'm not sure, but I think you can request at these eating periods to sit someplace of your own choosing with your Mother.

For evening dining, see the maitre'd as soon as you board and request seating for two.

You have to be adamant about your dinner seating arrangement when you make the reservation. If it gets screwed up, just go to the Maitre'D and he/she will arrange for a table for you and your Mom. On our last cruise, it was just me and DH, and they seated us with another couple who COULD NOT SPEAK ENGLISH!!! It was very uncomfortable for us and for them...we asked to be moved and we were at a table for 6, it worked out perfect from there on out.

Archived