Kid Stuff

mzche1999

So we are headed out next Thusday and I was wondering if I should pack beach toys and or inflatables for our days at the beach. We have 2 boys 3 and 6. Any suggestions would be great! Even if it is not related to the beach, what should I NOT leave home without!

Hugs,

Chelle

As long as you can get some small beach toys. I went to a dollar store and got a small pail which held a shovel and some sand molds. It was small enough to pack it in the suitcase. A few years ago I learned my lesson in Cozumel, I forgot sand toys and it was a $16.99 lesson. ;)

We always pack sand toys, and inflatable rafts, and are the ENVY of all the other kids on the beach while on a cruise. If you are strapped for space, carry the beach items on with you when you board, in a mesh beach bag.

CeleBrat

Ditto on the dollar store beach toys and inflatables. My daughter buried one of her sand toys on our last trip and lost it.

Don't forget the inflatable beach ball either! My 3-year-old had an inflatable Mickey ring that she used in the ship's pool. She had a blast!

Also pack along a mesh bag, like a laundry bag (also available at the dollar store) to load up all the wet and sandy toys when you're ready to leave. This will give them a chance to dry and the majority of the sand should fall off before you get back on board.

Speaking of sand removal, pack a travel size container of baby powder - it works wonders for removing sand from skin, clothing, and other objects! :D

Ditto on the dollar store beach toys and inflatables. My daughter buried one of her sand toys on our last trip and lost it.

Don't forget the inflatable beach ball either! My 3-year-old had an inflatable Mickey ring that she used in the ship's pool. She had a blast!

Also pack along a mesh bag, like a laundry bag (also available at the dollar store) to load up all the wet and sandy toys when you're ready to leave. This will give them a chance to dry and the majority of the sand should fall off before you get back on board.

Speaking of sand removal, pack a travel size container of baby powder - it works wonders for removing sand from skin, clothing, and other objects! :D

Thats a awesome tip.. I would have never thought of that. Thanks :)

Archived