future cruise price drop question

ckr31

I just discovered my cruise dropped in price for my 3/10/2010 14 day Caribbean cruise on the Grand(thanks to being on the roll call with cc)another cruiser informed me,and I called princess right away and got them to adjust the price by $120.00.how much will a cruise drop( for a mini suite on average)between now and the cruise date,also when will princess stop dropping the price,and is it a certain time of month I should check the price or do you recommend just go online daily and check it.thank you

That is one of the mysteries of cruiselines; You just never know when there will be decreases. On my cruises I check basically every 2-3 days. I just get in the habit of it.

marilyn

I just discovered my cruise dropped in price for my 3/10/2010 14 day Caribbean cruise on the Grand(thanks to being on the roll call with cc)another cruiser informed me,and I called princess right away and got them to adjust the price by $120.00.how much will a cruise drop( for a mini suite on average)between now and the cruise date,also when will princess stop dropping the price,and is it a certain time of month I should check the price or do you recommend just go online daily and check it.thank you

There is no telling how much or IF the price will drop again, there is no 'average' to how much a price will drop for any particular sailing. You have to be pro-active and keep checking. Supply and demand comes into play. Sometimes if there is a lot of availability, the price can drop even weeks before you sail, after final payment. But most of those major price drops are in the form of flash promotions and for new bookings only, so it is almost impossible (if not totally impossible) to take advantage of those price drops after final payment. It never hurts to call and check though.

Keep checking yourself, and contact Princess if you see the price drop again.

I would also check TA's pricing, as many discount TA's can give you a much better price to begin with. And you can transfer your booking over to them before final payment. Good Luck!

Thanks for your reply's.I have been trying to find a good TA but have not been successful.I am a airline employee,and I even check our own travel industry TA and princess beat their price which is un heard of we can get up to 50% in discounted fares,however those discounts are not osted as of yet thanks again and i will keep checking

Thanks for your reply's.I have been trying to find a good TA but have not been successful.I am a airline employee,and I even check our own travel industry TA and princess beat their price which is un heard of we can get up to 50% in discounted fares,however those discounts are not osted as of yet thanks again and i will keep checking

Check with some of the advertisers here on CC. We aren't allowed to recommend TA's (against the rules here) but I can ALWAYS beat any price Princess offers (short of their 2 for 1 deals that came out this summer) on any cruise. Good Luck!

I check every day; sometimes twice a day. It's certainly worth a few minutes of my time to perhaps save some money. Believe it or not, price on one of my cruises went down Thursday by $50 and again on Friday by $100. Crazy, but I was watching and got them both.

I check every day; sometimes twice a day. It's certainly worth a few minutes of my time to perhaps save some money. Believe it or not, price on one of my cruises went down Thursday by $50 and again on Friday by $100. Crazy, but I was watching and got them both.

Yes, similar experience. You really need to check daily, I've had my price change during the same day!! Up and down!! pricing is so monitored maybe Pricess has certain criteria for number of booked cabins on that day and they price accordingly. On our cruise for Oct 17 the price my daughter paid on a Tues when booked 579 pp for the first 2 passengers (her Princess price) and 622.50 for the 3rd. My pricing on that day was 499 for each for all 3!! The very next day my daughter's pricing was 499 for all 3!! She called Princess and received the price adjustment immediately!! Since then (mid May 2009) the pricing has gone up and down but none lower than the 499 pp for an obstructed OV (F and FF on CB) Just our most recent experience. I still check daily, espceially my daughter's for the 3rd person (sometimes very good pricing out there for the 3rd person) Keep checking!!!

We look about every couple of days. We have a 14 day in March and it dropped 335.00 that's a great savings and our TA dropped it too. With all our past cruising and checking Princess deals so far our TA has beat them by at the least 200.00 per person. Not sure it will go odown again but lots of time for it to do so. It't like watching your lotto ticket every day !

We look about every couple of days. We have a 14 day in March and it dropped 335.00 that's a great savings and our TA dropped it too. With all our past cruising and checking Princess deals so far our TA has beat them by at the least 200.00 per person. Not sure it will go odown again but lots of time for it to do so. It't like watching your lotto ticket every day !

You have a much better chance of a Princess price drop than you have of winning the lotto. ;)

I know you asked Marilyn, but I check (while signed on ) on the Pricess site itself. I have always found the best prices there (in my experience)

Yes that is exactly what I do. Even though I have a TA and do not deal with princess I go into their site and if their prices go down which sometimes they do I am right there calling my TA and she adjusts it. Alot of the times my TA's prices are much lower than Princess but I still watch when Princess decreases their amt.

marilyn

Where do you go to check the price daily?

Go to the Princess web site and go through the process of searching for a cruise. Essecntially, you are going through the booking process, but stop before making a purchase.

Who knows how and why the drop prices occur. For our (now cancelled Alaska cruise), it had dropped $1500 when we cancelled. Our Mexican cruise has dropped about $350 and it isn't until December. I keep checking the prices along with my TA.

Logic tells me that supply and demand have a lot to do with price decreases. If the sailing has a lot of availability at a certain point, Princess will drop the prices to get the ship booked. The more demand for the cruise, the fewer price decreases you may see.

Not scientific I am afraid, just logical. ;)

Logic tells me that supply and demand have a lot to do with price decreases. If the sailing has a lot of availability at a certain point, Princess will drop the prices to get the ship booked. The more demand for the cruise, the fewer price decreases you may see.

Not scientific I am afraid, just logical. ;)

Boy, would I like to have a dollar for every time logic bit me in the #$%. ;)

Archived