Am I over sightseeing? Please help!!

geneology

Does anyone know how long it takes to go from the town of St George - say from town hall - to the Swizzle Inn in Baileys Bay? How do I get there?

Is this too much for one day? We are docked in Kings Wharf. Going on the 7AM horseback riding tour. I would like to get an early ferry (9:30ish) from Kings Wharf to St George. Find a horse and carriage ride for family of six. (Do I need to pre book this?) Go to Swizzle Inn for Lunch -- Go to St Catherine’s Beach to snorkel - Take Ferry back to Kings Wharf -- shower change and go on 8PM NCL glass bottom boat excursion.

I tend to want to do it all and my DH says I ruin the vacation by wanting to do it all. I just don’t know if we will ever get back to Bermuda again and I want to know I saw as much as possible. I only have 2.5 days in Bermuda and I want to experience what is most important

Best to take one of Bermuda's famed pink buses from St. George to the Swizzle. It's about a 10-15 minute ride (you'll make a stop at the airport).

If this is your first visit to Bermuda, I highly recommend some time at scenic Horseshoe Bay. It sounds like you're taking the Spicelands ride (we did the beach ride and it was THE best). Horseshoe Bay is a quick cab ride from Spicelands and you'll arrive early before the big crowds.

Good luck with your planning! :)

Best to take one of Bermuda's famed pink buses from St. George to the Swizzle. It's about a 10-15 minute ride (you'll make a stop at the airport).

If this is your first visit to Bermuda, I highly recommend some time at scenic Horseshoe Bay. It sounds like you're taking the Spicelands ride (we did the beach ride and it was THE best). Horseshoe Bay is a quick cab ride from Spicelands and you'll arrive early before the big crowds.

Good luck with your planning! :)

We are taking the Spiceland ride. We dock on wednesday - then we are going to Gibbs Lighthouse and Horseshoe Bay and the street fair in Hamilton that night. Then my post is Thursday. Friday we will either go back to Horseshoe bay or if they want to snorkel again go to snorkel park and end with some shopping in Kings Wharf. My DH always says I over schedule and that is what I am trying to advoid. I like to see as much as possible!!

I'm fairly young, married, no kids & I like to do a lot too but that sounds like A LOT!!! If I were you, how about staying in St. George for lunch going to the Swizzle in another time. Isn't Swizzle more in the middle of the island?

Does anyone know how long it takes to go from the town of St George - say from town hall - to the Swizzle Inn in Baileys Bay? How do I get there?

Is this too much for one day? We are docked in Kings Wharf. Going on the 7AM horseback riding tour. I would like to get an early ferry (9:30ish) from Kings Wharf to St George. Find a horse and carriage ride for family of six. (Do I need to pre book this?) Go to Swizzle Inn for Lunch -- Go to St Catherine’s Beach to snorkel - Take Ferry back to Kings Wharf -- shower change and go on 8PM NCL glass bottom boat excursion.

I tend to want to do it all and my DH says I ruin the vacation by wanting to do it all. I just don’t know if we will ever get back to Bermuda again and I want to know I saw as much as possible. I only have 2.5 days in Bermuda and I want to experience what is most important

We are taking the Spiceland ride. We dock on wednesday - then we are going to Gibbs Lighthouse and Horseshoe Bay and the street fair in Hamilton that night. Then my post is Thursday. Friday we will either go back to Horseshoe bay or if they want to snorkel again go to snorkel park and end with some shopping in Kings Wharf. My DH always says I over schedule and that is what I am trying to advoid. I like to see as much as possible!!

What is the Spiceland ride??

I'm fairly young, married, no kids & I like to do a lot too but that sounds like A LOT!!! If I were you, how about staying in St. George for lunch going to the Swizzle in another time. Isn't Swizzle more in the middle of the island?

Swizzle Inn is approx. a 15 min bus ride from St George. I think that is what we are scratching off of the list. We are traveling with 28 family members and everyone wants to do the glass bottom boat tour so we couldnt say no. That is what really messed up our plans. Originally intended to spend as much time as we wanted after lunch at the beach - then head back to the ship and relax the rest of the night.

What is the Spiceland ride??

Horse back riding that goes through the dunes along the beach. We were told the 7AM tour will actually go down onto the beach and that is what the kids really wanted to do.

Hi there,

I was intrigued by the riding tour as this was something I would be interested in doing - we are on the Dawn to Bermuda and will be docked at the dockyards so I am not sure if you are closer to to the stable than I - but - anyhow - is there a bus or ferry that gets you to the stable early enough for the tour, do you have to take a cab from where the ferry/bus drops you off??

Yesterday on the main NCL message board some posters said that the glass bottom boat excursion was not worth the time or the money. Having never been to Bermuda, I can't say. Just relaying the information. They said they were very disappointed.

Jnmrlk wrote & asked:……. I was intrigued by the riding tour as this was something I would be interested in doing ……..will be docked at the dockyards ……….bus or ferry that gets you to the stable early enough for the tour, do you have to take a cab from where the ferry/bus drops you off??…

Take a route #8 bus from the Dockyard. Schedule for – Weekdays, start at 6:35AM then every 30 minutes thereafter; Saturday , start at 7:35AM; Sunday, 9:35AM. My guesstimate for travel time is 25-30 minutes.

You can walk from where the bus drops you off. When boarding the bus, greet the driver and inform him of your destination and be sure to thank him when leaving the bus.

Last Wednesday the Hamilton street fair was crazy and the pushed us back and forth about the ferry back so we got a taxi who said about $35 and it was $52 worth it because the kids had a long day. Enjoy your trip...........

Hi there,

I was intrigued by the riding tour as this was something I would be interested in doing - we are on the Dawn to Bermuda and will be docked at the dockyards so I am not sure if you are closer to to the stable than I - but - anyhow - is there a bus or ferry that gets you to the stable early enough for the tour, do you have to take a cab from where the ferry/bus drops you off??

We are going in the Dawn as well. We were told by spicelands that we will need to hire a cab - as the bus does not run that early in the morning. They told us it would take about 30 min to go from the dockyard to the stables. If you do not go on the 7AM tour you can take a bus to the stable. We have not booked the cab yet as my DH says we can do that on the ship or when we arrive in Bermuda. This makes me nervous as I like to have everything set up first. :cool: If you are interested in the early ride book ASAP as we were told that is the ride that fills up first.

We are going in the Dawn as well. We were told by spicelands that we will need to hire a cab - as the bus does not run that early in the morning. They told us it would take about 30 min to go from the dockyard to the stables. If you do not go on the 7AM tour you can take a bus to the stable. We have not booked the cab yet as my DH says we can do that on the ship or when we arrive in Bermuda. This makes me nervous as I like to have everything set up first. :cool: If you are interested in the early ride book ASAP as we were told that is the ride that fills up first.

FYI, you will not be able to book a cab while on the ship, and that early in the morning there may not be a large number of cabs just waiting at the pier for customers. Perhaps someone can recommend a taxi company that will take an advance reservation and have a car waiting for you at the pier.

Shame we are not cruising the same time - we could have shared a cab and both saved $$ !!

My husband and I took the morning ride in June as we were on the Dawn also. Spicelands gave us the name of a cab driver who we contacted ahead of time to pick us up at 6am as they told us to arrive by 6:30 for the 7:00am ride. We took a bus back to the ship after the ride without any problem. The morning ride was wonderful. We did walk along the beaches and it was only the two of us with the guide. It was one of the highlights of our trip along with the Hartley Helmet Dive.

Archived