What shocked you the most

Hopefully this will be a lighthearted post ;)

Just reading on another site about the rudeness and arrogance (i.e sunbed reserving, pushing to the front of queues to be first off ship) of some guests. I'm a first timer..so whats the worst thing you have seen which left you picking your jaw off the deck - then I can give these guests a wide berth (forgive the pun !!):D

The most shocking thing I saw was a youngish woman traveling with friends that was literally screaming :eek: at her friend in the port in Mo'bay. It made the other girl cry! For the matter, this particular woman was pretty much like this the whole time. Very controlling, rude - but other than the train wreck she was to watch (which was pretty interesting people watching for me! lol) it didn't actually impact my cruise at all. We were on the Radiance at the end of January and it was really pretty great passengers all the way around!

Have fun!

That's an easy one.

It would be the lap dance someone got from his significant other on the Grandeur. She had on a T back and performed on the pool deck in front of the playing steel band and everyone on that deck and on the overlooking deck. Not a person missed it.

They later were picked as contestants on the Love and Marriage Show. All you heard was whispering, "she's the one".

That's an easy one.

It would be the lap dance someone got from his significant other on the Grandeur. She had on a T back and performed on the pool deck in front of the playing steel band and everyone on that deck and on the overlooking deck. Not a person missed it.

They later were picked as contestants on the Love and Marriage Show. All you heard was whispering, "she's the one".

Lol!! Wow - what a woman!!:eek::eek::D

That's an easy one.

Hell, that would have been fun to watch. And since I always walk around with a still and small video camera.........

A couple of years ago on the Mariner, we had arrived for the parade on the Grand Promenade early so our 9-year old daughter could be in front to see everything. About 2 minutes before the parade began, an older gentleman came through, elbowed us aside and stood in front of our daughter. I said

"excuse me" and he turned to me and said, "well, I want to see the parade!" It just always amazes me how self-absorbed some people are!

What amazed me on our first cruise and continues to amaze me to this day is the way people swarm to the buffet lines ignore those already in line and load up their plates with enough food to feed a small army. We have really tried to scale back our visits to the buffet by using room service for breakfast and the main dining room for lunch.

Funniest thing I have seen is the passenger wearing a hat that resembled an old sea captains hat ranting at the concierge "do you know who I am!!".

When he left after his little tirade I asked the concierge "who was that guy?" His answer...I don't have a clue but I am sure by the end of the week I certainly will.

1988 3rd voyage Soverign of the Seas

A woman sitting in the main centrum disassembling a lamp fixture and stuffing it in her hand bag (purse). She wasn't embarassed and/or didn't care about people watching her.

Ed Olson

I can name w episodes that were rude that we dealt with that still lingers in my mind.

Both were on Disney. Go figure, right? lol

The first one was actually after the cruise but it was all Disney guests attempting to get in line for the bus back to the hotel, Radisson at the Port. After waiting more than 30 minutes we (4 of us) would be some of the last on the next bus. This man came up and threw my 10 yo son on the ground in order to pass us and get his family in front of us. I mean he threw him. I am not saying accidently pushed him. I am saying I was so pissed off if my son would not have been hurt I think I would have decked him and I am only 5'4" and weight 110lb. He had just came from the ship as we had been waiting there for more than 30 minutes and he just came up and made the comment he refuses to wait in line and then threw my son with his hands to the ground. My son had both knees bloodied and the A$$ hole never said one word nor did his family. Everyone in the crows got really quiet and were in shock. Needless to say when the bus came his family was taken and we did not get on. They could only take 2 more and we had 4. I still get upset thinking of this. My husband refused to say anything to him because the man had children and he refused to allow me to say anything. I am glad now that I did not because there were many children present and what would have come out of my mouth would not have been ladylike.

The other was on a short 3 day Disney cruise that DH and I took without the kids. DH took me for my birthday so I could have Palo Chocolate Souffle on my birthday. It is really to die for. Anyways, as soon as we boarded we noticed, as did many others, a woman and her 2 preteens on board. She was something. Not in a good way either. You know how at times you just see someone and can tell they think they are much better than anyone else on the planet? Well this is the type person she was. It is really funny because at the goofy pool on embarkment date we got in a conversation with 2 other couples about this lady. She just was rude. Everything about her was rude. I am not talking just the way she presented herself. She walked rudely. As in cutting line and people off and not once thinking she should apologize. She talked to several of the crew in front of us and the other 2 couples very rudely as if she thought she was much better than them and they were below her. Well that night at dinner guess who was at our table? Yeah, the woman and her 2 preteens. Actually upon entering the diningroom and heading to our table we saw her yelling at a server, not the head server or even Matre D. Just a server. We thought it was funny because she was yelling because her table was for a 8 and she refused to sit with anyone else. I have to say as we approached our table and saw the kids and put 2 and 2 together we were relieved she was moving. The children would not even look at us as we sat down. They were already sitting at the table. DH tried to talk with them and they turned their eyes to the table. I believe that is taking "no talking to strangers" to a new level.

Many of us saw this lady and the kids thru out the 3 day cruise and you could over hear everyone talking about her. Not in a good way either. It is pretty said because she was a very pretty lady with a nice figure. I guess some things just go to ones head.

On one of our cruises my husband and I held our breath :eek: as we watched an older woman climb out of the pool, dry off, then proceed to wrap her towel around her ample body, and wiggle out of her swimsuit under the towel, then dress without losing her towel, although with the breeze on the deck. . . very little was left to the imagination. It was quite humorous, we saw her go through the same routine several other days. Some of the best entertainment we saw on that cruise!!

Sherri

On a cruise with my wife a few years back (the ship will have to remain nameless) we were sitting at the table for dinner in the main dining room (MINSTRAL) during the first formal night. During dinner, at the table next to us, a young boy somehow managed to spill a drink on the "lady" sitting next to him. His mother apologized to the "lady". The "lady" said to the mother "if you had controlled your trailer trash kid in the first place, it wouldn't have happened". The mom punched the "lady" smack in the mouth and the cat fight followed.

Not quite Ali vs Foreman... But close.

Wow...some of these stories...I am glad that I wasn't there to witness it!

I vividly remember this 60-year old woman grinding with this 30-year old man on the pool deck at night...with lots of children surrounding. It was my first cruise too. -_-

These are all great.

One time I was at the buffet, I don't like crowding people so I maintain a comfortable distance with the person in front of me. Not enough for someone to get in front of me, but enough that they don't feel like I'm invading their space. The woman behind me this particular time evidently didn't feel the same way. She kept knocking my tray and grabbing the serving utensil the minute I let go of it. Finally, she leaned against me and KNOCKED ME off my feet so I stumbled onto the back wall. I'm 5'8 and medium build - she was.......quite large. As I regained my balance, I looked her in the eye and said, "Why don't you go ahead of me?" Which she did. She didn't apologize, didn't blink, didn't even speak. I hope the extra 10 seconds she got in the buffet line were worth it. And I'm positive she missed the heavy note of sarcasm in my voice...

Honorable mention to the mean old man in an electric wheelchair who nearly ran over at least a dozen passengers on another cruise. I realize MANY passengers behave badly and cut in front of those in chairs/walkers/etc but that doesn't make it right for Speedy Gonzalez to mow down anyone in his path.

Note to the lady waiting for the Disney shuttle - I'm amazed no one went after that guy. Makes me glad Mr Wolf is 6'5 - he's a gentle giant but NO ONE messes with us. :D :D

In May I was one deck above the pool area and there were a group of drunk meatheads chanting something. A young, heavy set woman was walking around the pool area in her swimsuit talking to her friends. The meatheads then changed their chant to "Shamu, Shamu, Shamu!!!". I was mortified for the woman. She just kind of rolled her eyes at the group.

Well I have two things:

First when disembarking in Bayonne, the "friendly" port traffic man told us to double park and quickly load our things. As we jumped into our car, some other car almost rear ended us, so we blew our horn. That must have triggered something in "friendly" port traffic man, because he started yelling at us, telling us to get the F*** out of here! (even though he was the one who told us to park there)

Second thing was on the EOS and I was waiting to go to the restroom outside studio B. A woman was on her cell phone yelling at whomever it was in vulgar, vulgar language, and just wouldnt stop. I just listened, fortunately my kids werent around. Someone finally told her to tone it down, and she politely returned "Mind your own F**** business"

=)

What amazed me on our first cruise and continues to amaze me to this day is the way people swarm to the buffet lines ignore those already in line and load up their plates with enough food to feed a small army.

This amazes me too. Some people act like the ship is going to run out of food!!

I have seen some amazing things on the cruises I've taken, but I have to say the one that tops them all are the guys who, after getting caught by ship officers skinny dipping while drunk, proceeded to then do naked cartwheels around the pool deck while being questioned. HILARIOUS!!!:D

I'm disappointed I haven't seen anything nearly as interesting as these events....I need to cruise more often!!!

I'd like to chime in about the man who bloodied the boy at the bus...what a jerk!!! Most of the people mentioned in the other post are ignorant but the man at the bus was a jerk!! (I wanted to write the three letter word that starts with "a" but didn't want to offend anyone;))

I'm disappointed I haven't seen anything nearly as interesting as these events....I need to cruise more often!!!

I'd like to chime in about the man who bloodied the boy at the bus...what a jerk!!! Most of the people mentioned in the other post are ignorant but the man at the bus was a jerk!! (I wanted to write the three letter word that starts with "a" but didn't want to offend anyone;))

But would have been more than correct. That guy's a donkey and someone should have smartened him up. :cool:

That is assault and battery.............on a minor child..........

The most shocking was a woman yelling at the server in the Carnival fish restaurant (upstairs buffet) because she didn't like the selections or presentation. I was so embarrassed FOR her.

As for the man who pushed the boy, well if my Father were alive and someone pushed a member of his family, that man would not have ever forgotten the payback!!!:eek: He'd have decked him no questions asked. Not that I advocate violence, but sometimes you just like to see someone get their bell rung.;)

We were on the Freedom of the Seas cruise and a young couple came and sat by us at the pool. A few minutes later as I looked to my left, the girl was laying there completely naked. Much entertainment for the guys. :) This was a sea day and on the upper deck which was very crowded. Many guys were going by filming her. LOL

Archived