Questions to those who were on the Solstice Inaugural Naming Cruise

uktog

We are lucky bunnies and next week will be on the Equinox naming cruise. To make life a little more straightforward in our planning I am wondering if anyone who was on the equivalent trip on Solstice can answer some questions - I fully accept the trip may be different this time but I am just trying to get some idea of what might happen

1. Was email access/wi fi free of charge?. There is no mention that this is either charged or not in the info we have; charging information seems to focus on the shops and the spa which is fine. Cannot decide if we need the laptop or not for work.

2. Our first night is formal and our second casual; is this open seating or will we have tables assigned both nights and will it be in the same restaurant or what? Is it one seating or two?

I need to work out how we make sure our waiters understand DH's food allergy

3. Were you assigned times to go and view cabins that were open or did you just go when you wanted - peoples pictures did not seem overly crowded so it says to me it is assigned but maybe I am wrong

4. Were all the bars open? I am wondering if that would be no given that the cost of drinks is being met

Thanks for advice and of course we will let you know how we get on

A

We are lucky bunnies and next week will be on the Equinox naming cruise. To make life a little more straightforward in our planning I am wondering if anyone who was on the equivalent trip on Solstice can answer some questions - I fully accept the trip may be different this time but I am just trying to get some idea of what might happen

1. Was email access/wi fi free of charge?. There is no mention that this is either charged or not in the info we have; charging information seems to focus on the shops and the spa which is fine. Cannot decide if we need the laptop or not for work.

2. Our first night is formal and our second casual; is this open seating or will we have tables assigned both nights and will it be in the same restaurant or what? Is it one seating or two?

I need to work out how we make sure our waiters understand DH's food allergy

3. Were you assigned times to go and view cabins that were open or did you just go when you wanted - peoples pictures did not seem overly crowded so it says to me it is assigned but maybe I am wrong

4. Were all the bars open? I am wondering if that would be no given that the cost of drinks is being met

Thanks for advice and of course we will let you know how we get on

A

Hi:) I was lucky enough to have been invited to the naming.

I can't answer your question about the Wi-Fi but I bet Host Anne

and/or Andy can as they were both on there too.

As for dinner, the first evening we ate in the main dining room

and the 2nd night we all ate in the different Specialty Restaurants.

I know myself, the friend I invited and 2 other couples ate in

Tuscan Grill on the 2 evening. Other folks ate in Silk Harvest, while

others ate in Murano's. I don't know what the procedure was for

who got invited where. Seems Cruise Critic folks might have been put

together (if memory serves) or maybe Capt's Club folks? I really don't know

how they decided where each of us ate the 2nd night.

The first night we ate with Host Anne and her husband and another

couple from Cruise Critic.:)

The bars? Yes, all of them were open:Dand it was all on the house

too;):)

Thanks so much Lois, I knew there were a few of you on board so I would get the info

Yes to the key info then, I see I can have fun at the Martini Bar :)

So I think you are saying your tables were pre assigned - is that correct? I do like the sound of being assigned one speciality restaurant to try and will be very happy whatever they choose for us.

Just one thing, night one was it one sitting. I think the atmosphere in the MDR will be great - a kind of party atmosphere. I will have been up from 5am that day but hope the adrenilin kicks in and the martini effects are slow to get me :)

A

A

Thanks so much Lois, I knew there were a few of you on board so I would get the info

Yes to the key info then, I see I can have fun at the Martini Bar :)

So I think you are saying your tables were pre assigned - is that correct? I do like the sound of being assigned one speciality restaurant to try and will be very happy whatever they choose for us.

Just one thing, night one was it one sitting. I think the atmosphere in the MDR will be great - a kind of party atmosphere. I will have been up from 5am that day but hope the adrenilin kicks in and the martini effects are slow to get me :)

A

A

Hi again:) not sure if the table was pre-assigned or not....I remember

in the main dining room we were almost all the way in the back...not

the best location but being with wonderful friends from here made

it all good:D....I do remember one thing....they served a soup

that was not good:eek:....it was VERY, VERY salty...cannot recall

what it was..probably a seafood or something but some of us gals

could not eat it.

And to be honest, I don't remember if it was one seating...maybe

someone else can help us out here:)

Archived