Red Hook Pier - Earliest time cars are allowed

GrammieK

Leaving Saturday on the CB. Have tried several times to get in touch with pier, left many messages. Does anyone know the earliest time cars are allowed to enter the parking lot? We always leave extra time for our journey in case of emergencies and now are concerned that we will have no place to go if we arrive too early. HELP!

Thanx in advance.

Kathie

Leaving Saturday on the CB. Have tried several times to get in touch with pier, left many messages. Does anyone know the earliest time cars are allowed to enter the parking lot? We always leave extra time for our journey in case of emergencies and now are concerned that we will have no place to go if we arrive too early. HELP!

Thanx in advance.

Kathie

it opens around 8 am

I'm also interested in the time to be able to park. I remember someone saying that if you arrived too early they will hold you up until the lot starts to empty out? Not sure what time to arrive? We only have about an hour and a half drive but not sure about the traffic.

I'm also interested in the time to be able to park. I remember someone saying that if you arrived too early they will hold you up until the lot starts to empty out? Not sure what time to arrive? We only have about an hour and a half drive but not sure about the traffic.

Arrive at the Pier at 10:00am.....a lot of the passengers would have disembarked, especially the ones who do "self" and, there will be more parking available.

This will give you lots of time to start the embarking process and settle into your cabin for your lunch and (self)tour of the ship.

We drove to Red Hook last July while sailing on the CB. We arrived at 10:30 am and there were plenty of spaces. When the ship returned to the pier at the end of the cruise at 6:30 am there were again plenty of available spaces. Parking is less than 100 yards from the ship. Easy access and very convenient

Arrive at the Pier at 10:00am.....a lot of the passengers would have disembarked, especially the ones who do "self" and, there will be more parking available.

This will give you lots of time to start the embarking process and settle into your cabin for your lunch and (self)tour of the ship.

We have sailed out of the Red Hook pier and I think that 10 am is too early. People are still getting off the ship. I don't think they will allow you to get on until at least 11:30. There really is not alot to do at the pier but just sit and wait, if you are lucky enought to get a seat. There is plenty of parking for everyone and there are lots of porters to help. I would not get there too early. It would only add to the confusion of the passengers getting off. Give the stewards enough time to clean.;)

But at 8 am the passengers will not have disembarked therefore your parking will not be that close to the terminal.
We cleared the terminal and were on our way home by 7:45 last year.

Lew

Donna,

I'll save you a spot on line (yea, and watch me get killed). Can't wait to see you there.

Kathie

I just noticed that I said we were leaving on Saturday - that would be kinda hard with no ship there!

Thanx again for all of the responses. Sounds like 10ish is good. Clutterlady - which cruise are on? We leave Sunday 7/26 and have a very active CC group.

Kathie

Not until Sept. 5th! We did the one you're on last year and had a wonderful time....enjoy:)

If you are driving and get to Red Hook too early, you can always drive down Van Brunt Street. Fairway Market is at the end of Van Brunt for shopping (or browsing) and there are a few different cafes and bakeries along Van Brunt.

Donna, have a great cruise! I'll be eager to hear what you have to say.

Claudia

Thanks Claudia! As always, I'll post a detailed review!

Enjoy your cruise too - I wish we were sailing together again this year

Archived