Food Secrets???

simba005

Hi,

I have seen several posts indicating that additional/’non listed’ food items are available.

For example; Volcano Dessert, Escargot & Smoked Salmon on the Buffet.

1) Is this true?

2) What other items are ‘available’ upon request

I know the room service ‘listed’ menu is limited, but is there an ability to order anything else?

For example; on RCCL there is a TV channel that lists available dinner entries. I have seen some posts indicating eggs are now available in the am, but I am looking for other information.

Any other food secrets that I should know (I do love my cruise foodJ).

For example; I have heard that you can actually order food at night in the Horizon Buffet – I don’t know what or if this is even true.

Thanks in advance

In the DR, you can always get spaghetti and meatballs. In the past, I'd order the kids s&m while my wife snickered, but it is excellent. Now, they made the meatballs bigger and they even offer as an appetizer on italian night, but you can always get it.

It is really, really good!

Well, the Volcano Ice Cream is available every night, even if you ask for lunch you can have it. But you don't see it in the menu because it's from the kids' menu.

The escargot are fro the Continental dinner. Last time when i was on Golden / May/ we had the new menu they were no longer in the menu. They were available one of the night, but your waiter has to inform you. Same was with the Onion soup. They have to tell you when they have it.

And the Salmon on the buffet - one day is available, i mean it's on the line, next day if it's not you have to ask for it. But in the Main Dining Room you can order it every morning. And also for lunch. It's in one of the luncheon menu.

My husband had the Volcano on our last cruise. It was a giant banana split sort of deal. It tasted great, but what a mess! I am glad that he ordered it, even if our wait staff thought it was funny!:)

This may sound a little boring, but baked potatoes are available every night, even if they aren't on the menu. You may think "Baked potato"???? However, I'm not sure what they do different, but the baked potatoes are some of the best I've ever had.

Tammy

On our last emerald cruise in january we would write creme caramel and chocolate cake on the room service card for the morning along with the usual fruit and pastriesand it would come in the morning what a great breakfast can't wait until next january hello RUBY wooo hoooo

Archived