Bring Back The RED STRIPE!!!

ajagent

Hey fellow Carnival Lovers. I was shocked on my last cruise to find that they are no longer carrying red stripe beer. Has anybody else experienced this shocker???? How do we go about letting them know to bring it back. There is nothing better than DA STRIPE while cruising the Caribbean.

Hey fellow Carnival Lovers. I was shocked on my last cruise to find that they are no longer carrying red stripe beer. Has anybody else experienced this shocker???? How do we go about letting them know to bring it back. There is nothing better than DA STRIPE while cruising the Caribbean.

Just bring some from home..........

I think Corona is the best they have now. I have see some Sam Adams but that is a bit heavy for the sunshine!!!

Sam Adams is not real beer, just an attempt to mimic beer.

Where are the German brews? Now, that's real beer.

Dianne

Now, now, Oakleys - I'm still hoping to try Bud light lime! It's been sold out for months. Although I'm sure it tastes like dish soap ;) I have to try it once....

but what can I say, we Canadians are spoiled with our Sleeman's, Waterloo, Steam Whistle, Creemore, and Rickards... mmmmm

Gotta go... I'm thirsty

Actually I have never seen Red Stripe on board. It's not bad beer for a hot carib day or night.

DH & I have always enjoyed a cold Red Stripe on a hot day and have purchased it on several ships although I can't tell you which cruiselines right now.

Love a cold Belikin in port in Belize a bit better.:D

Or an ice cold Carib beer in about any Caribbean port or on any ship day or night.

:D;):cool:

Dianne

All the carnival ships I have been on have had a decent selection of international beers such as Peroni, Stella Artois, Fosters, Boddingtons, Becks, Amstel Light that almost all give a little taste and go well on a hot sunny day.

They should add Yuengling

I agree 100%. We live in Ohio, next door to Pa, and you would think we could get Yuengling here. Not so.

We can find it in Ft. Lauderdale, however, and look forward to our stays along 17th in Ft. Lauderdale where it is available at the Marina Deli and a few other bars/restaurants along the strip.

Dianne

The Beverage Mgr. on the Legend a month ago, told me they were cutting down on variety as a cost cutting measure. Worked for me. Since they didn't have Meyer's rum, it cut my Sign & Sail in half!

Enjoy

Ron

oh man... I'm new so I didn't know Carnival ever had Red Stripe! Now I know what I am missing! Did I read that they do have Corona at least? Anything else besides American beer? (no offense, but as Canadians, we find American beer just blah and yukky!... and I guess I'm picky, as I don't like Heineken either)

All the carnival ships I have been on have had a decent selection of international beers such as Peroni, Stella Artois, Fosters, Boddingtons, Becks, Amstel Light that almost all give a little taste and go well on a hot sunny day.

Well, maybe the Becks, or Fosters, but you can toss the Stella (the Bud of Belgium) or Boddingtons (the Keystone/Iron City of Britain) overboard without missing a beat. Now if they'd switch out the regular Sam for Sam Summer Ale you'd be cruising. But surely a Red Stripe for the Caribbean would be in demand.

Point of disclosure, I'm drinking an Oscar Blues "Mama's Little Yella Pils" as I type. Not quite lawnmower/Lido deck/ beach brew but tasty and it's in a can!!:D

might be a location issue on the ship, they do not serve beer in glass bottles on the lido from what I understand. Red Stripe is only in Glass bottles, so they may have either discontinued it fleetwide, or just on the Lido? May have to go to an interior bar to get it?

might be a location issue on the ship, they do not serve beer in glass bottles on the lido from what I understand. Red Stripe is only in Glass bottles, so they may have either discontinued it fleetwide, or just on the Lido? May have to go to an interior bar to get it?

Sorry but any beers normally bottled in glass are poured into a plastic glass when served on Lido deck.

Have had Red Stripe in a plastic glass on Lido before.

Dianne

Well, maybe the Becks, or Fosters, but you can toss the Stella (the Bud of Belgium) or Boddingtons (the Keystone/Iron City of Britain) overboard without missing a beat. Now if they'd switch out the regular Sam for Sam Summer Ale you'd be cruising. But surely a Red Stripe for the Caribbean would be in demand.

Point of disclosure, I'm drinking an Oscar Blues "Mama's Little Yella Pils" as I type. Not quite lawnmower/Lido deck/ beach brew but tasty and it's in a can!!:D

Becks here in the States is nothing more than a watered down Budweiser.

If a ship is going to serve Becks, make sure that Becks is real German strength, otherwise it's nothing but recycled sea water.

Dianne

Archived