Personalizer & Eggcrate

BalconyGal

I have seen some people say the eggcrate request appears in their personalizer where exactly would it be? I faxed Princess with the request and just want to know it was received.

Thank you,

Heather

As far as I know it is not on the cruise personalizer. What I do is as soon as I meet the room steward for the first time I then request the egg crate mattress. Have been doing that for years. Now I have also learned that if you do fax it into Princess it may be already there in your cabin and then sometimes it is not. Somehow things happen through the channels and tht they do not show up. so if it is not there when you arrive just ask your room steward.

Marilyn

No matter when we fax the request, it has never shown up on our booking until about a week before sailing. Then it has shown up under 'special requests' for that particular booking, along with other items such as the gift from Princess for sailing over 20 times with them ($25). It shows up, but not until the last week or less for us before we sail.

I've never seen it show up on my personilizer. Last cruise I faxed the request and it was there. For our upcoming cruise I called Princess with the request and the representative told me that the best way to ensure that it will be there is by calling. So go figure:rolleyes:

We have our fingers crossed that it will be there for our cruise in October.

Just an FYI.........I faxed my request on 7/20/09 to 661-284-4885 and on 7/21 it showed up in my personalizer under the "special requests". We don't sail until 8/8, so it does show up more than a week before sailing.

Thank you for the fax number, I couldn't find the number anywhere on the website!

It has been a while since I cruised Princess. Are the beds that bad that you need the eggcrate?

The beds aren't bad at all, but they are quite firm. We had more of a problem with this on the Golden than the Crown, and requesting an eggcrate helped quite a bit.

If you've cruised HAL, Cunard, RCI or NCL (previously the contender for worst beds, but now much improved) recently, and enjoyed the beds, you may find Princess's a little hard.

Just an FYI.........I faxed my request on 7/20/09 to 661-284-4885 and on 7/21 it showed up in my personalizer under the "special requests". We don't sail until 8/8, so it does show up more than a week before sailing.

Thank you for the fax number, I couldn't find the number anywhere on the website!

Like i mentioned above. i have also faxed ahead of time but when we got to the cabin it was not on the bed. So now I just do not bother anymore about faxing ahead of time. I just wait until I get to the cabin and then request an eggcrate from the room steward. I truly hope that yours is on your bed. It is very much hit and miss.

marilyn

I have seen some people say the eggcrate request appears in their personalizer where exactly would it be? I faxed Princess with the request and just want to know it was received.

Thank you,

Heather

Select "My Special Services" - Voila! :)

It may take a while to post up. I faxed months ago and it only recently appeared, which makes sense.

It probably only posts up on CP when they notify the ship. Princess wouldn't do that very far ahead.

Thank you,

Heather

Appearing in your personalizer and on your bed are two different animals.

I was informed by Princess last year (or maybe it was two years ago ?) that they don't fax the requests to the ship until at least 30 days prior to your sailing. This is why it does not show up under your special services until shortly before you sail. ;)

Again I agree with jtutak, you have about a 50/50 chance of the room steward being notified about this and not having to request it again when you arrive.

Archived