Ruby R750 Aft Room

shashi883

Has anyone had this room or R751? I just booked a Caribbean cruise in that room and was curious about the room. Is the balcony the same size as all the other balconies? When I checked the brochure, it looked a little smaller. Any input would be greatly appreciated, pics too. Thanks

We are also in that cabin in Jan. When is your cruise? I would also like any info about this cabin. From the research that I have done, I have found that it is a good location and people say it is a good cabin, but not a lot of details. I think that this deck with balcony rooms is just so new that there is not a whole lot of info out there. Kim

well I will be in that cabin before you so I will be glad to take some pictures and let you know how it was, but it is still a long way off for me also! Kim

I appreciate it Kim. I checked the thread that shows pictures of the back of the ship with the vents and beams and room numbers, but they are for the Grand Class, Not the Ruby.:( There is no Rivera on those ships.

I appreciate it Kim. I checked the thread that shows pictures of the back of the ship with the vents and beams and room numbers, but they are for the Grand Class, Not the Ruby.:( There is no Rivera on those ships.

We have been in aft cabins on the Crown for two cruises, and the Crown is supposedly almost identical to the Ruby. We loved those cabins. You're only steps away from the adult pool, and one floor away from the buffets. If we hadn't been upgraded to Caribe deck, I'd be aft Riviera for sure. Enjoy!

Janette

We have been in aft cabins on the Crown for two cruises, and the Crown is supposedly almost identical to the Ruby. We loved those cabins. You're only steps away from the adult pool, and one floor away from the buffets. If we hadn't been upgraded to Caribe deck, I'd be aft Riviera for sure. Enjoy!

Janette

I'm very sorry. I just looked at the deck plans and see that you are totally aft. I've never been in one of those cabins so I retract my previous statement. However, I do know people who consider these to be prized rooms, if you want to be looking out the rear of the ship all the time. Personally, I like to be on the side of the ship so that I can see coming and going. As far as acces to the adult pool, that would be the same.

I apologize for my post without checking into it.

Janette

We loved R751 so much that we are staying in it again in November. The balcony was a little smaller than C752's balcony (but Caribe does have bigger balconies). The balcony is slightly covered and the location is fabulous. (We went straight out the back each morning to the pools and buffet for breakfast.)

I don't think you'll be disappointed. Have a great time.

We loved R751 so much that we are staying in it again in November. The balcony was a little smaller than C752's balcony (but Caribe does have bigger balconies). The balcony is slightly covered and the location is fabulous. (We went straight out the back each morning to the pools and buffet for breakfast.)

I don't think you'll be disappointed. Have a great time.

I'm confused. Did you stay on the Riviera deck or Caribe? How much smaller is the balcony? We are used to the one on Baja (starboard or port) Standard BB. Thanks

These 4 aft Riviera balcony cabins are exclusive to the Ruby only.

I agree they are smaller then C-752/753, and you can see down into the balcony area from the Terrace Pool level. :)

You can see down into the Riviera balconies from the Terrace pool? Hmm. I'm not sure I like that. Is the R750 balcony smaller than a normal port/starboard balcony?

You can see down into the Riviera balconies from the Terrace pool? Hmm. I'm not sure I like that. Is the R750 balcony smaller than a normal port/starboard balcony?

You can't see the whole balcony but part of it, All 4 aft balconies are slightly smaller but still pretty neat in my book. Don't know why it took them so many ships to finally add them. :)

You can't see the whole balcony but part of it, All 4 aft balconies are slightly smaller but still pretty neat in my book. Don't know why it took them so many ships to finally add them. :)

Thanks for the info. I think we're going to change our room. I'm perfectly ok with the size of a normal balcony, but I don't think I would be happy with something smaller with less privacy. We would like to book an aft room, but part of the draw is a *bigger* than normal balcony, not smaller.

Thanks for the info. I think we're going to change our room. I'm perfectly ok with the size of a normal balcony, but I don't think I would be happy with something smaller with less privacy. We would like to book an aft room, but part of the draw is a *bigger* than normal balcony, not smaller.

Thats why we love C753/752! :D

Thats why we love C753/752! :D

Those corner afts are really hard to get a hold of. I was trying to find one almost a year and a half out with no luck. We will settle for our regular balcony and keep searching for an aft for another cruise.:(

I agree. You'd think after they did this on the Diamond and Sapphire with the aft Aloha balconies that they would have done this with the Riviera-deck-class ships as well. The balconies on the Sapphire/Diamond are a touch bigger than standard, but they are also totally within the aft superstructure of the ship, where the Ruby ones stick out from the stern like the other balconies below do.

ruby05.jpg

Archived