Library

Tucruisers

We are due to go on our first Seabourn cruise (Pride) soon and the airline luggage weight restriction of 20kg is causing a problem. We normally take lots of books on holiday (and read them). It would help if we could leave books behind in favour of sparkly clothes and rely on the ship's library. But can we do that and what is there to read? Is it left behind paperbacks or a proper library? Grateful for any advice.

I think the Triplets' Libraries are well-stocked and there is a spot where others have left books as well. Can take one of those for the plane ride home, too. You shouldn't have any issues finding things to read. I always do. There are also DVDs to watch at your leisure. (I generally pack 2 operas, just in case.)

Some cruisers are now addicted to their Kindles, but I haven't succumbed to that....yet.

We'll see if others agree or not with me.

Some cruisers are now addicted to their Kindles, but I haven't succumbed to that....yet.

We'll see if others agree or not with me.

My better half is planning on getting a Kindle. from a weight perspective it is certainly an attractive alternative. I will let you know if she finds it comfortable to use.

We always carry a couple of books each in our hand luggage (to read on the looooooooooooong flights) then leave them in the library when we have finished. If there arent any books on the shelves that suit you, look in the cupboards underneath, there are lots of "left behind" paperbacks in there! My main peeve about the library are with those people who as soon as they board, grab armfuls of books to take to their suite :mad: .....you can only read one or two at a time, so why take them all at once? Just makes much less choice for everyone else!

I hope there is a 'left behind' cabinet on the Odyssey. I always start there when I get on board.

BTW, Lorraine, the same book 'hoggers' probably are the ones who take the DVDs and keep them as well. The Odyssey sytem will help that, for sure.

Most grateful for this helpful advice. We don't need books for the flight as the we could only just finish the morning newspaper between London and Copenhagen. Could not be doing with kindles as (for me) the pleasure of reading relates to the printed word - dislike reading anything longer than a CC post on screen. Thanks for the suggestion of Fedex posting but this probably belongs only in the ultra-rich world of Lefty Bob. So, the library it is!

ohhhh London to Copenhagen with a 20kg allowance....must be the same flight we are on!! :D We are hoping the luggage scales break down just before we reach London!! For that distance flight the "In Flight" magazines are enough for me!!

Archived