Hotwire Sticky Thread? Anyone else interested?

imluvncruzn

Hi! I was wondering why there isn't a sticky thread for winning Hotwire bids? I personally would find this very informative and helpful. We usually travel with family and cannot use Priceline because we need a room for 4 people. It would be nice to have a sticky thread just for Hotwire purchases. I'm sure there are a lot of others that travel with family that would find this helpful too. Not sure if I should've posted this here or on the family boards? Maybe one of the moderators could help me out? Thanks!

I agree. I just posted on the Priceline thread for my Hotwire purchase. I used Hotwire as I wanted a particular hotel and also for 4 people this time.

The moderators watch these thread, so they will be aware of your request.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

I would like to ask a hotwire question. I am looking for a 3 hotel rooms for a cruise in January out of Miami. It gives me one 3 star hotel in the downtown area. Anyone know what this hotel is? I think it might be the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. This is the hotel I would like to have and wonder if anyone has used this criteria and what hotel it was. Thanks for any help!

If you give me the dates, the specific area, and the amenities listed, I can help you out (via betterbidding dot com). I am also looking for a pre-cruise hotel for January 1, 2010. There is a 3* Las Olas- Downtown-Port Everglades going for $90 which I believe is the Hyatt Place. If you give me your specifics, I'll help the best I can.

I also have a hotwire question . I see a 4* downtown Miami for 144$ on 12-26-09 . should I grab it or wait till the date gets closer. 2 years ago I paid 104$ for the same class hotel. just trying to get the best deal . Any input would be great . I figure the price would be more in 2 years, but with the economy right now Im just not sure.thanks in advance,

I also have a hotwire question . I see a 4* downtown Miami for 144$ on 12-26-09 . should I grab it or wait till the date gets closer. 2 years ago I paid 104$ for the same class hotel. just trying to get the best deal . Any input would be great . I figure the price would be more in 2 years, but with the economy right now Im just not sure.thanks in advance,

It could be the Intercontinental or the Hyatt downtown MIA. I would need to know the icons. I purchased the IC on both Hotwire @ $150+ and on Easyclicktravel for $100 for Nov. 2009. Prices do fluctuate by supply and demand.

Imluvincruzen; "There is a 3* Las Olas- Downtown-Port Everglades going for $90 which I believe is the Hyatt Place." Yes this is the Hyatt Place. Yesterday it was $90 for my date of travel 2/20/2010. This price is certainly excellent with the included amenities and its proximity to the Sun Trolley, Intercoastal Waterway -water taxi for touring, and stores & restaurants.

I have never looked at a 1 star, just too big a risk for my vacation dollars. I certainly would doubt it to be the Holiday Inn Downtown MIA as that is a 3*. I start at 3* and would look at a 2 1/2 * if I knew the chain and was arriving late.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

I would like to ask a hotwire question. I am looking for a 3 hotel rooms for a cruise in January out of Miami. It gives me one 3 star hotel in the downtown area. Anyone know what this hotel is? I think it might be the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. This is the hotel I would like to have and wonder if anyone has used this criteria and what hotel it was. Thanks for any help!

DeAnn, I just ran a "test" on 1/20 to 1/22 under Hotwire Packages. Yes, this 3* appears to be the Holiday Inn Downtown for $89 per night. Exact same icons in the same order. Great price! Go for it.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

I just did a "test" on Hotwire. The Hyatt and the Intercontinental have the same exact icons in the same order, so there is no way to be 100% sure of which hotel it would be. Clicking on the map, it certainly looks to be the IC at Bayside park. Present price is down to $121 per room. Since this is a holiday weekend, I would grab it. You can't really go wrong if it turns out to be the Hyatt. You can also check on Easyclicktravel to try to see if the Intercontinental comes up as a "best choice". I got the IC there for $100 for the beginning of November. Any rate from $100 to $150 for the IC is good IMHO. Icons in this order are: Fitness, Pools, Restuarant, Business Center & Laundry, High Speed Internet.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

If you give me the dates, the specific area, and the amenities listed, I can help you out (via betterbidding dot com). I am also looking for a pre-cruise hotel for January 1, 2010. There is a 3* Las Olas- Downtown-Port Everglades going for $90 which I believe is the Hyatt Place. If you give me your specifics, I'll help the best I can.

I am also looking for a pre-cruise hotel for 1/1/2010. A couple days ago, I saw a 4* in Downtown Miami for $138 on Hotwire, but I didn't book it and now it is gone. Is there any chance it will come back?

DeAnn, I just ran a "test" on 1/20 to 1/22 under Hotwire Packages. Yes, this 3* appears to be the Holiday Inn Downtown for $89 per night. Exact same icons in the same order. Great price! Go for it.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Nanatravel, what is the "test" that you run to find out which hotel it is?

I just did a "test" on Hotwire. The Hyatt and the Intercontinental have the same exact icons in the same order, so there is no way to be 100% sure of which hotel it would be. Clicking on the map, it certainly looks to be the IC at Bayside park. Present price is down to $121 per room. Since this is a holiday weekend, I would grab it. You can't really go wrong if it turns out to be the Hyatt. You can also check on Easyclicktravel to try to see if the Intercontinental comes up as a "best choice". I got the IC there for $100 for the beginning of November. Any rate from $100 to $150 for the IC is good IMHO. Icons in this order are: Fitness, Pools, Restuarant, Business Center & Laundry, High Speed Internet.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Thanks so much , I did just do it ! got the IC , hotwire says I got it at 22% off but I cant find it on any discount site for under 200.00 for any room there . Im happy with my purchase , I do love being close to everything .

I would love to know what others paid at Hotwire. I don't want two double beds or one king for 3 adults. Any help on what hotels they offer would be great.

Thanks,

Hi. I'm not sure if you need a hotel in FLL or Miami. I checked FLL on Hotwire for 12/20 for one night. There are plenty of options depending on where you want to stay. A few that I was able to identify were 3.5* FLL Airport Zone - Sheraton FLL Airport for $77. Also 2.5* FLL Airport Zone - Ramada Plaza Downtown for $62, 3* FLL Beach - Best Western Oceanside for $103, and 3* Las Olas/Port Everglades - Hyatt Place North for $84. I know the Hyatt Place offers two double beds and a pull out sofa. Let me know if you're needing accomodations in Miami and I'll check for you.

I am also looking for a pre-cruise hotel for 1/1/2010. A couple days ago, I saw a 4* in Downtown Miami for $138 on Hotwire, but I didn't book it and now it is gone. Is there any chance it will come back?

I'm no expert on Hotwire, but IMHO, I think you have time. I'd wait it out another month or two and see if it comes back. Generally I've heard you actually get the best deals closer to your date but I could never wait til that close to sailing. I'm leaving on the same date you are (different ship). Good luck with whatever you choose!

I'm no expert on Hotwire, but IMHO, I think you have time. I'd wait it out another month or two and see if it comes back. Generally I've heard you actually get the best deals closer to your date but I could never wait til that close to sailing. I'm leaving on the same date you are (different ship). Good luck with whatever you choose!

I know, I thought about waiting, but since it is New Years I'm afraid the hotels will get booked up quickly. I will keep checking, though.

Thanks Nantravel! I thought it had to be the HI POM. I havn't booked it yet but am getting ready to. Jus waiting for confirmation from the other couple going with us. I have read good reviews and bad reviews of this hotel, but I think they will like to see the ships in the morning, and love to have a place to go in the envening.

Sorry that you do all of that work but we will be in Miamai post cruise. I have a room at the Courtyard Marriott-1 king w/sofa in Coral Gables. I wanted to make sure I had a place to stay. I will keep looking for someplace less expensive. This place is about $162 for the night w/tax. I don't need a place for night life.

Any advice would be great.

WMM

Thanks Nantravel! I thought it had to be the HI POM. I havn't booked it yet but am getting ready to. Jus waiting for confirmation from the other couple going with us. I have read good reviews and bad reviews of this hotel, but I think they will like to see the ships in the morning, and love to have a place to go in the envening.

I've booked that 3* downtown Miami hotel and it was the Hilton. This was about a yr ago. So keep that in mind. Please let us know if you book, and what it turns out to be :)

Nanatravel, what is the "test" that you run to find out which hotel it is?

A little difficult to explain on-line, but here goes:

At hotwire.com, click on Packages. Enter a fake city of departure as you don't really need airfare. Enter destination example Miami, FL, enter dates including the night you need to stay there plus one night (you must stay 2 nights with a package), complete other required boxes, hit enter.

When information comes up, check on the left for "locations". Eliminate areas of which you have no interest like airport and narrow down the star ratings. This will reduce your number of hotels that come up.

Now start to make note of the Hotel Names, Stars, Locations, and Amenities: Example Hyatt Place - Las Olas-Downtown-Port Everglades, 3 Stars, Shuttle, Smoke Free, Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness, Pools, Business Center, High Speed Internet etc. You will need to write these down in exact order. You can take note of the Package price as being lower will give you an idea of lower one night rates.

Now, go back to the home page and just enter Hotel; Enter city/airport code, date needed, fill in the remaining boxes, enter. Again, remove the check from any areas and stars that you dont' want to consider (on the lower left once the hotels come up). Now you are LOOKING for a "match" minus the hotel name to see if your hotel is available at an acceptable price. Keep in mind some hotels have the same star ratings, locations and amenity icons like the Intercontinental and the Hyatt, the HI Downtown and the Hilton all in Miami. Once you press the button and put in your credit card information, you have bought your room for the night.

Good Luck.

Nanatravel

Nanatravel, I did just book my room with Hotwire. 3* Downtown Miami for January 20th for 3 rooms. And I did get the Holiday Inn Port of Miami for $87 plus tax for the night. Less the $100 so makes me happy! Thanks for confirming that you thought I would get this hotel. The other 2 couples going with us are cruise virgins, so I wanted them to be able to see the ships in the moring. Plus we will be across from Bayside Market.

Sorry that you do all of that work but we will be in Miamai post cruise. I have a room at the Courtyard Marriott-1 king w/sofa in Coral Gables. I wanted to make sure I had a place to stay. I will keep looking for someplace less expensive. This place is about $162 for the night w/tax. I don't need a place for night life.

Any advice would be great.

WMM

Hi I did some research for ya! There are a lot of good deals for 12/20 - 12/21 but given your bed requirements here are three that might be worth looking into:

3.5* Coral Gables/Coconut Grove - Amenities: Suite, smoke-free, fitness, pool, restaurant, hi speed internet. I'm fairly certain that this is the Mutiny Hotel in Coral Gables. $104.

3* Miami Downtown - Amenities: Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry. Holiday Inn Port of Miami. $89. (have sofa beds in some rooms)

3* Miami Airport West (Doral) - Amenities: Shuttle, comp brkfst, fitness center, pool, laundry, hi speed internet. Appears to be Hyatt Place Miami Airport West. $98. All suite hotel with king bed and queen pull out sofa.

I hope this helps. If you're interested in these, I maybe would ask nanatravel to double check that identified these right. But I used her method via checking for packages on Hotwire so I'm fairly certain they have been identified correctly. Good luck!

I'm trying to find a hotel for Feb 5 (my cruise leaves on Feb 6) in FLL. But I didn't realize it was Super Bowl weekend! Anyone have any times on finding a decent hotel? Nothing fancy... just need a place to sleep for the night, but I don't want to see roaches or bugs, either.

Thanks for your help. I will look into them.

Not knowing the area is hard.

Do you know anything about location on these or what the hotels are like? We will not have a car.

Thanks

Glad it worked for you DeAnn. You have a better chance of getting a certain hotel on hotwire but it may cost a little bit more. You still take a chance.

DMBfiredancer, I would keep watching on Hotwire and Priceline. As it gets closer to Feb. blocks of rooms being held for "groups" will get released. Thus availabiltiy will open up. However, I would book a back-up possibly near the airport that you can live with and afford like the Hilton Garden Inn, LaQuinta, etc. Hyatt Place has not released its rates for 2010 at Valuetrips. Did you check out Hotwire for your date?

Bon Voyage

Archived