Copying a passport

messymarie

I just copy the one with all the information on it. And what I have done is scan my passport and credit cards and drivers license, etc into a pdf and copy it to a flash drive. I keep it on the flash drive in my safe and if I have need for it which I hope I don't because that means I lost something, it's right there. I feel if I carry paper copies anyone can see them if they search the luggage, etc. Just my opinion.

When you make a copy of your passport do you copy all the pages or just the one with your picture on it?

Also handy to copy visa pages for the countries through which you may be transiting (if applicable).

Scott.

Went to the local office supply store (e.g, Staples, Office Depot, Office Max) and using their repro center, I made a reduced size color copy of the picture/information pages. I then folded it in half (so it would be like a front/back, then had the store laminate it for me. Turned out great!!!!

We also leave a copy of the passport and credit cards at home. (hidden)
Yes, indeed. Just make sure a family member knows where it is if they need to expedite getting a replacement sent to you. (In case there isn't a US Consulate located where you are.)

Archived