Athens Bus #843

Ceelions

Hello, can anyone tell me does the 843 bus go from the cruise terminal to Syntagma Square - if yes,where do we pick it up?

Thanks

Ceelions

No, #843 bus go to Piraeus metro station.. there isn't any bus from port to Syntagma square...

We took the 843 last September both to and from the metro station from the cruiseport. From the metro station it is about a 20-minute ride into central Athens.

The biggest problem was finding bus tickets; the first several newstands we visited were sold out, so we ended up walking quite a bit before we could buy tickets! The bus runs about every 15 minutes.

To clarify:

From the ship to the port exit - either walk or take the free shuttle

From the port exit to the metro station in Pireaus - either walk or take the bus 843 or taxi if you can get one to take you for that short of a fare (don't hold your breath :rolleyes:)

I'm sorry, I seem to not have this info in my notes....

I know that if you take bus 843 to the metro station, you need to purchase a ticket from the newstand. You can't purchase a ticket on the bus, right?

If I just go directly to the metro stop, without using the bus, can I purchase metro tickets at the metro station? or do I need to purchase a metro ticket at the newstand too?

I'm sorry, I seem to not have this info in my notes....

I know that if you take bus 843 to the metro station, you need to purchase a ticket from the newstand. You can't purchase a ticket on the bus, right?

If I just go directly to the metro stop, without using the bus, can I purchase metro tickets at the metro station? or do I need to purchase a metro ticket at the newstand too?

bus tickets you can't find in any kiosk (newsstand) or mini market.. you can't purchase a ticket in bus...

bus and metro is the same.. the 1 euro ticket you can use with buses or metro for 1.5 hour without limits... all metro stations has tickets stands and auto-machines (accept only euro) ..

Fafos, our edoc says that the NCL Jade will be docked at Akti Miaculi 10 on Sept. 29. According to the google map, it is opposite from where your map shows where the ships dock. Maybe the google map is wrong?

Does the 843 bus also go there or is there another bus? What is the walking distance from the metro to Akti Miaculi 10?

Thanks Fafos.

Fafos, our edoc says that the NCL Jade will be docked at Akti Miaculi 10 on Sept. 29. According to the google map, it is opposite from where your map shows where the ships dock. Maybe the google map is wrong?

Does the 843 bus also go there or is there another bus? What is the walking distance from the metro to Akti Miaculi 10?

Thanks Fafos.

your edoc is meen Miaouli street... Miaouli is a street and is the street to metro station (and #843 bus stop)... here in Greece we know the cruise port as "Akti Xaveriou":

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=10+%CE%9F%CE%B4%CF%8C%CF%82+%CE%9C%CE%B9%CE%B1%CE%BF%CF%85%CE%BB%CE%B7,+Piraeus,+18538,+Greece&sll=37.93841,23.635819&sspn=0.011982,0.01929&ie=UTF8&cd=2&geocode=Ff7eQgId3qloAQ&split=0&ll=37.936887,23.636441&spn=0.011982,0.01929&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

Archived