drinks other than soda on RCCL and AO kids dinner?

MnAsMom

I think I've read too much and my mind is turning to mush.... LOL.

In the dining room... they serve Iced Tea, Lemonade, milk, chocolate milk. Do they serve fruit punch? Is the lemonade good or is it that funky minute maid that is made with no juice that comes from a soda fountain?

Do they have apple juice or orange juice at Dinner or only breakfast?

Do we just go to windjammers for drinks when we are out by the pool?

Oh and one more question? Do they have specific nights that the AO takes the kids to johnny rockets for dinner? Anyone know what nights that is on Mariner?

No, no fruit punch. They used to have fruit punch but I think they replaced it with lemonade. Yes, the lemonade is made from powder, not fresh squeezed or anything.

You can ask for apple juice at dinner. See if your waiter would be willing to get it for you. Some say "sure", some say "ehhhhhh" ;)

On Mariner, isn't there a hamburger place at the Solarium? Maybe drinks are available there? If not, then yes, you would have to go inside to WJ.

They take the kids to Johnny Rockets on the first formal night and at least one other night.

The WJ isn't that far from the pool... if you ask a waiter (at the pool) for lemonade, they will charge you for it...go get it yourself!

You can get ice water from the pool bar--they don't charge for that!

Thanks ladies.

too bad about the fruit punch... my kids love that stuff when it's available. I will see about the apple juice at dinner... we'll see if we get a waiter that wants to go out of his way or not?! If not then the boys will make due with lemonade or milk.

No, no fruit punch. They used to have fruit punch but I think they replaced it with lemonade. Yes, the lemonade is made from powder, not fresh squeezed or anything.

You can ask for apple juice at dinner. See if your waiter would be willing to get it for you. Some say "sure", some say "ehhhhhh" ;)

On Mariner, isn't there a hamburger place at the Solarium? Maybe drinks are available there? If not, then yes, you would have to go inside to WJ.

They take the kids to Johnny Rockets on the first formal night and at least one other night.

Nope. The Radiance class (and I think Vision class too) have a casual dining venue in the Solarium. I can't remember what all they serve, except the crepes...Yum. The Voyager class has the Promenade Cafe with little sandwiches, pizza, desserts, and coffee. It's open nearly 24/7 and is complimentary. The only "burger spot" on the Voyager class is JR's and there is a $4.95 surcharge per person per visit. (Well, the dining room has burgers at lunch and such, but it's not a "burger spot.")

There is a small bar in the Solarium, but it's for the adults in the Solarium. There's a Pool Bar, of course, but as cb at sea mentions, if you ask for lemonade or milk, they will charge you. I'm guessing that's because they have to go into the Windjammer to get it, but I really don't know. I suppose that would be a big hassle if 60 people at the pool all wanted the Pool Bar servers to be shuttling back and forth from the Windjammer. But as cb at sea also notes, the Windjammer is just behind the pool area. It's maybe a 2 minute walk (tops--that's sauntering) from the pool to WJ.

beachchick

I think I've read too much and my mind is turning to mush.... LOL.

In the dining room... they serve Iced Tea, Lemonade, milk, chocolate milk. Do they serve fruit punch? Is the lemonade good or is it that funky minute maid that is made with no juice that comes from a soda fountain?

Do they have apple juice or orange juice at Dinner or only breakfast?

Do we just go to windjammers for drinks when we are out by the pool?

Oh and one more question? Do they have specific nights that the AO takes the kids to johnny rockets for dinner? Anyone know what nights that is on Mariner?

We just got off the Vision of the Seas this morning.

In the dining room, the kids got lemonade, milk, juice, or water...anything they asked for. I didnt see fruit punch. And not to differ from the other poster, but this wasnt powdered lemonde. It was cartoned lemonade and was really quite tasty. I saw the cartons as they filled the machines with it. All of the juices were cartoned too.

The windjammer IS next to the pool so you can grab drinks easily...out next to the pool also is coffee, an ice cream machine and sometimes other beverages/water.

Our cruise was a 4 nighter and there is no Johnny Rockets, but they offered to take the kids to dinner on nights 2 and 3. The 4th day they offered a 2 hour lunch for $7.95 but we declined and had family pool time instead.

Oh and the Solarium offers burgers, fries, hot dogs, pizza, and fruit all day and evening. You can walk from the pool to the Solarium and grab a snack and drink anytime.

Archived