Help for Late Flight leaving Copenhagen

109Dewdrop

Are you leaving direct from the pier or staying in a hotel?

You could go to the airport or train station & leave your luggage in the lockers then go off sightseeing

If at the hotel ask them to keep your bags till your ready to go to the airport.

Some cruise lines offer a city tour before dropping you at the airport not sure if Azamara does

You may not have much time depending on when you get off the ship you probably need to check in around noon

Thanks for your suggestions - A few more questions please.

We're leaving the same day and the cruise excursion for Copenhagen states that they will drop off at the airport for flights leaving after 4 pm.

Is it practical to go to airport on our own and then back into Copenhagen?

Anyone familiar with the airport? Is it a decent place to hang out for a few hours?

Are their lockers large enough for suitcases if we decide to leave them there prior to checkin?

From the airport you can take the train into the city centre about 20 minutes

http://www.cph.dk/CPH/UK/MAIN/Parking+and+Transport/By+Train/

Baggage storage does not say how big the bags can be

http://www.cph.dk/CPH/UK/MAIN/Before+Departure/Baggage/Left+baggage+and+baggage+lockers.htm

Also check the Ports of Call forum for lots of useful tips

Lyn

It does not make sense to go from the cruise port to the airport and back. It takes about half an hour to get to the airport from Copenhagen Central. The better plan would be to store your luggage at the main train station (Central) and explore the city from there.

I don't know how much luggage you have or if you will have Kroner as there is a bus that comes very close to the cruise port. A taxi to Central Station would probably take between 10-15 minutes depending on traffic. (That's just a guess because we took the bus.)

Good luck.

We just got in yesterday from our Baltic Cruise with Azamara. We had a 3:10 pm flight so we took a taxi to Central Station and used a Visa card to get the 70kroner each we needed for 2 lockers. They give you the exact change there, very easy. THe big locker held my 71cm case no problem. We walked around the city for a few hours, then collected our cases and took the train (only 15 minutes, runs every 10 minutes). It´s not worth your while to go out to the airport and back. Enjoy your cruise, we certainly did!

We just got in yesterday from our Baltic Cruise with Azamara. We had a 3:10 pm flight so we took a taxi to Central Station and used a Visa card to get the 70kroner each we needed for 2 lockers. They give you the exact change there, very easy. THe big locker held my 71cm case no problem. We walked around the city for a few hours, then collected our cases and took the train (only 15 minutes, runs every 10 minutes). It´s not worth your while to go out to the airport and back. Enjoy your cruise, we certainly did!

Sounds like a good plan. Our suitcases are 26" i- Not sure what cm that equals. What time did you leave the central station for your flight?

Thanks again for the info.:)

Any suggestions for what to do in Copenhagen with a 2:30 PM departure flight? We'll have all our luggage with us? Departing Journey on Aug 17 2009.

Hi 109Dewdrop,

Glad to see there is someone else with the same question. sounds like storing the luggage at the Central Train Station is the best bet. Our flight leaves at 3:55. Do you know how many hours in advance we should be at the airport? One other question, on the date of arrival how does one get to the ship from the airport? How far is it? and does it make sense to take a taxi, or book something in advance? Our flt is due to arrive in copenhagen @ 1p.m. Ship boarding is at 5. Thanks

Hi 109Dewdrop,

Glad to see there is someone else with the same question. sounds like storing the luggage at the Central Train Station is the best bet. Our flight leaves at 3:55. Do you know how many hours in advance we should be at the airport? One other question, on the date of arrival how does one get to the ship from the airport? How far is it? and does it make sense to take a taxi, or book something in advance? Our flt is due to arrive in copenhagen @ 1p.m. Ship boarding is at 5. Thanks

On arrival take a taxi check in then you can enjoy the ship ...you probably mean sailing at 5 so all aboard by 4 pm

For you flight home I would get there by 2pm at the latest

I agree with the previous message to take a taxi. We plan to do that and we will use a credit card for the taxi. I got estimates for a ride of about 15 - 30 mins. from airport to ship. Make sure you go to the correct pier. Your documents should tell you which one or contact the cruise line.

Also, I asked this ques to my TA and to the cruise line- What happens if my flight is delayed since I'm arriving the same day? This is not to worry you but I did think of that myself. In my case I opted for an early flight arrival in the morning in stead of a later flight. I didn't book air with the cruiseline so they are not obligated to wait for us. I'm planning on taking the cruiseline's phone # with me and thinking only positive thoughts.

What cruise are you going on? We will be on the 8/5/09 cruise on the Journey.

Archived