Tell me a great place to spend the day with 2 kids.

Booman14

Hey all, we will be in Cozumel in November, and I was wondering where would be a good place to spend half a day on the beach. My son and I want to snorkel, and my wife and daughter want to lay around the beach. after that my wife wants to go into town for a little shopping. Can anyone recommend a good beach for this. I do not want a crowded beach at all. Matter of fact the less people the better. I don't want to fight for a spot. Thanks for your help.:D

Hey all, we will be in Cozumel in November, and I was wondering where would be a good place to spend half a day on the beach. My son and I want to snorkel, and my wife and daughter want to lay around the beach. after that my wife wants to go into town for a little shopping. Can anyone recommend a good beach for this. I do not want a crowded beach at all. Matter of fact the less people the better. I don't want to fight for a spot. Thanks for your help.:D

With two kids to entertain....Paradise Beach would be my recommendation.

We have taken our two sons there since they opened (as many as 5 times a year).

There is no entrance fee. They do not charge for lounge chairs, tables, CLEAN restrooms etc. The wristband to snorkel, kayak and the best selection of water/land non-motorized land toys will run you $10 a person.

They do expect you to eat/drink while you are there.

Taxis to any beach resort in Cozumel will run you $12-15 one way for up to 4 people...depending on where you dock. But there are more taxis than sand in Cozumel....so no worries about getting back to the ship.

Snorkeling from the beach at any of the beach resorts in Cozumel is not as good as on the reefs.

Chankanaab Park has the best beach snorkeling...but the number of water/land toys that Paradise Beach has. And there is a $16 per adult entrance fee....not sure what the kids run and not sure if renting the snorkeling equipment is extra.

IF (and in all our times of going to Paradise Beach we have never experienced this) .... it is to crowded for your taste....there are two other beach resorts literally side by side to choose from. The one right next door has never had more than a hand full of people there when we have looked over.

There are changing rooms. Lockers for $4 for the day if you want them...not required and outdoor shower to rinse off the sand.

We usually get off the ship when it docks and head to Paradise Beach first thing. After a few hours....we head back to the ship...eat a late lunch ...change and do some shopping right there at the pier. They have just about every store at the pier that they have downtown...but a taxi downtown will run you $7 one way for the whole taxi (not per person).

We are walkers and have walked it. (about 5 miles) Sidewalks all the way.

We walk 4 miles a day at home...so the distance wasn't a big deal.

Have a great cruise and a wonderful day in Cozumel.

If snorkeling is your priority, I wouldn't pick Paradise, or any of the nearby sandy beaches. I actually think Chankanaab would be a great choice for your party. Playa Uvas also has some great snorkeling, and they limit admission so it's never super-crowded. It's also a bit more adult-oriented though (not in a "party" way, just quieter). How old are your kids? That should make a difference as far as whether water toys or snorkeling/less crowded would be a priority, but based on your post I'd say Chankanaab w/ younger kids, and maybe Playa Uvas if they're teenagers.

Thanks for the info. I have a 7 year old daughter, and a 14 year old son, and I don't think either one really cares much about beach toys. My son is looking to snorkel for the first time, and my daughter is more the sand castle type. :D

Thanks for the info. I have a 7 year old daughter, and a 14 year old son, and I don't think either one really cares much about beach toys. My son is looking to snorkel for the first time, and my daughter is more the sand castle type. :D

Chank should do nicely. They have a shallow sandy spot for the kids, and the ironshore has lots of fish for the young man to see. The place can get crowded, but it is one of the best spots for what you want. You might check on Playa Uvas. We haven't been there yet but it is near Chank and has good snorkeling. The only other spot that I know of for shore snorkeling is Dzul Ha (Money Bar). We've had good trips to Chank and DH.

You might also want to check into Playa Palancar. They offer a snorkel tour by boat for $ 30.00 and they have a nice beach area. It is free to get in they also have a restaurant.

Plus it is one the farthest places from the ships on the westside and doesn't get as crowded. But the shore snorkeling sucks.:mad: If you go to PP be sure to try their shrimp fajitas.:rolleyes:

Go to Chankannab Park. It is a very quick taxi ride from the port. We recently did the dolphin swim there with our 6 children (12yrs - 5yrs). Yes, the dolphin thing was neat, but the park was great. When you go in head to the left... and walk past the dolphins. When you get tot he end of the walk way there is a play set - right in front of the play set is this beautiful cove. You will need water shoes, but the water is great, there are fish and such to see, the sand is perfect. There are many places to get food, drinks. Very clean bathrooms and FREE - YES FREE - lockers. We would go back here just to go. There is even a swimming pool and walking paths that we never even got to! I highly recommend this place even if you are not doing the dolphin thing.

Go to Chankannab Park. It is a very quick taxi ride from the port. We recently did the dolphin swim there with our 6 children (12yrs - 5yrs). Yes, the dolphin thing was neat, but the park was great. When you go in head to the left... and walk past the dolphins. When you get tot he end of the walk way there is a play set - right in front of the play set is this beautiful cove. You will need water shoes, but the water is great, there are fish and such to see, the sand is perfect. There are many places to get food, drinks. Very clean bathrooms and FREE - YES FREE - lockers. We would go back here just to go. There is even a swimming pool and walking paths that we never even got to! I highly recommend this place even if you are not doing the dolphin thing.

How much did they charge for kids for the dolphins?

How much did they charge for kids for the dolphins?

Children under 5 (I think that's the age) are free with adult purchase. You just have to pay the $5.50 admission fee. Children 6-11 are about $65. Prices, coupons, and detail are on the park's web site, cozumelparks dot com and dolphindiscovery dot com. :)

We just went to nachi cocom, and I think it would work for you. Definitely not crowded. It is $49 for adults, $20 something for your 14 y/o and 12 for your youngest. That includes all food and drink. they are just off Palancar reef and you can get your snorkeling right there. The sand was too shelly for building, but our 6 y/o loved the beach and the great pool. Lots of shade. book thru island marketing, and check the review posts on this forum.

Archived