Mazatlan - Randi's Happy Horses?

Wanderlust26

I see pictures on Randi's website of children, but there's no minimum age listed. How young are they allowed to ride independently? DH and I will be bringing a 5 year old and a small 8 year old when we go, as well as two older children.

PHXscuba

I see pictures on Randi's website of children, but there's no minimum age listed. How young are they allowed to ride independently? DH and I will be bringing a 5 year old and a small 8 year old when we go, as well as two older children.

PHXscuba

Your 5 and 8 year old will be fine. If they are nervous then a guide will ride with them. My grandkids loved this tour.

Thanks everyone for your great comments and especially the photos! I’ve reserved a spot with Randy for Sept. 26, and can hardly wait.

Maxamuus, I’ve put a link to this thread on our roll call and hope some fellow cruisers will join in. I’m confident that they will, after perusing your review…

Just got a email thanking me for my kind review i posted on here from Randi.

It amazes me that Randi not only remembered me but she remembered my cruise critic handle when i reserved a spot months ago. I remember the day we met she said "Oh your max with the Cat" ;) She truely is a class act and the fortune 500 company i work for would be wise to fire our head of customer service and bring Randi aboard.

PS. Randi if you reading when i was in Belize in May and told Yhonny i had a great time cave tubing and i would post a great review he bought me a beer so next time i expect a extra beer ;)

This seems to have become Max's world...so forgive me if I am hijacking to ask him a question....

I noticed the ATVs parked by Victors. Do you know anything about those? If I read your reivew correctly you had about 2 1/2 hours on Stone Island after the ride to eat/beach/etc. Could I rent an ATV for my son during that time?

Much Mahalos (Thanks)

Kat

This seems to have become Max's world...so forgive me if I am hijacking to ask him a question....

I noticed the ATVs parked by Victors. Do you know anything about those? If I read your reivew correctly you had about 2 1/2 hours on Stone Island after the ride to eat/beach/etc. Could I rent an ATV for my son during that time?

Much Mahalos (Thanks)

Kat

We rode with Randi last week (for the 3rd time - and it was great again :D). One of the people in our group rented one of those ATVs at Victor's after the ride. The guy originally wanted $35 (for I think an hour) but they settled on $30. He had a great time!

I am emailed Randi about how long does it take her to respond? I can't wait to go!! Thanks

I emailed her late last night to reserve some horses for my parents in October; she responded today. She may get busy sometimes but she ususally responds very quickly. Have fun!

We rode with Randi last week (for the 3rd time - and it was great again :D). One of the people in our group rented one of those ATVs at Victor's after the ride. The guy originally wanted $35 (for I think an hour) but they settled on $30. He had a great time!

I emailed her late last night to reserve some horses for my parents in October; she responded today. She may get busy sometimes but she ususally responds very quickly. Have fun!

Thanks, she ended up in my spam folder

I haven't been on CC much lately, but like to pop in and say HI once in a while... I am not surprised to see that my dear friend, Randi is still getting great reviews. I have ridden with Randi 4 times (more than another member of my family) and I cannot imagine a visit to Mazatlan without spending it with her.

I have photos in all of my Mexican Riviera links. Whenever we book a Mexican Riviera cruise, what we do in Mazatlan is never up for debate! It is always Randi's. The food at Victor's is excellent... and you know I am going to say this - the onion rings are to die for! The quacamole rocks! The shrimp is the freshest you will ever find. And the Pacificos are ice cold!!

Always a perfect day for us!!

I cannot imagine a visit to Mazatlan without spending it with her.

Whenever we book a Mexican Riviera cruise, what we do in Mazatlan is never up for debate! It is always Randi's. The food at Victor's is excellent... and you know I am going to say this - the onion rings are to die for! The quacamole rocks! The shrimp is the freshest you will ever find. And the Pacificos are ice cold!!

Always a perfect day for us!!

I second this! A few times!! :D

I have done this horse back riding with Randi! It was amazing, they even take your camera and take pictures for you infront of the water. It was the BEST bang for my buck.. taxi/boat ride/horseback riding/the first drink/boat ride and taxi back to the Ship.. seriously... 45$!!! Do it if you can!!

:)

Thanks for the review and comments. We are so excited and are booked with Randi the end of Sept.

I heard we are droped back at the ship around 2pm? Is this correct? If so does this leave us any time to do anything else or should we just board the ship?

Yes, Randi gets you back to the pier area around 2. There is a nice area there with many shops. We usually stop and have a Margarita there and listen to the oldies music they play.

That's EXACTLY what we do too! :D

Randi's trip is one of our favorite excursions and we look forward to riding with her group again in September!

Great review MAX! Brought back some great memories and fired up our excitement for our cruise next month!

:)

Thanks so much for the pics, we will be with Randi in about 3 weeks, very much looking forward to the day and this makes it even more so!

We're also going with Randi's horses on the Aug 16th Mariner cruise. Looks like it will be a great time!!!

RC

This was our favorite day on our cruise...even in the pouring rain (back in June)

Randi's Horses and Daniel and his wonderful family are not to be missed! Wish I could be there tomorrow...I most certainly will next time in Mazatlan!

What is the beach like at Victors? We're considering doing the "transportation only" part of this tour. We have a 10 and 7 year old. Is this a good playing beach?

How long is the horseback ride if some of us decide to do that, too?

Karen

Look back at Max's pictures - post #5 and on. That is the beach and it is great for the kids. We have been there Aug/Oct/Nov and the water was so warm. Victor's will have boogie boards to use for free.

Our ride was approx 90 minutes long. If you don't ride to can go with Randi to Victor's and wait for your group. She is a hoot getting to know and will become a friend for life.

Thanks for the review and comments. We are so excited and are booked with Randi the end of Sept.

I heard we are droped back at the ship around 2pm? Is this correct? If so does this leave us any time to do anything else or should we just board the ship?

I am sailing on the Mariner leaving the 27th also, when will you be in mazatlan? We will be with Randi on Sept 30, maybe we will see you there?

Archived