Good places for lunch in Barcelona

quanmama

We have pretty good ideas where we want to go for dinners in Barcelona but would like to find out more about good places for lunch. We are opened to different types of food and are wondering what people's experiences were like. For those of you who have been to Barcelona, was it easy for you to find good, cheap lunches? Any particular recommendations for a tasty quick bite? We would like to budget more of our money on dinners e.g. good tapas restaurants so something good but not expensive for lunch would be perfect. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Good restaurants are spread all over Barcelona. If you prefer fresh seafood then try the area of Barceloneta with its small streets near Barcelona’s beach. The Barrí Gotic (Gothic Area) in the centre of Barcelona offers a wide range of good restaurants of all kinds. :)

If you just want a snack try the Boqueria market on the Ramblas.

If you want a meal look out for boards outside a restaurant which say 'Menu del dia'. This would be a fixed price lunch of 3-4 (smallish) courses. They sometimes include wine.

It will be cheaper if you move away from the main tourist areas a bit. Look in the side streets off the main roads.

Look for restaurants that have Spaniards eating there.

Google Tapa Tapa in Barcelona. Very nice place for tapas for lunch with trays on the counters and in cases so you can see what you are ordering, just point to what you want. There is indoor and outdoor seating. It is located just a block or two north off Placa Catalunya. If you go to the street views on Google Maps you can see the restaurant.

If you just want a snack try the Boqueria market on the Ramblas.

If you want a meal look out for boards outside a restaurant which say 'Menu del dia'. This would be a fixed price lunch of 3-4 (smallish) courses. They sometimes include wine.

It will be cheaper if you move away from the main tourist areas a bit. Look in the side streets off the main roads.

Look for restaurants that have Spaniards eating there.

I thoroughly enjoyed sampling a few items & some wine at one of what I'd describe as lunch-type counters at Boqueria! It seemed as though there were a number of locals there & I enjoyed watching the shoppers do their marketing from the stool where I sat.

Archived