Bringing wine on board - 3 bottle limit?

pacheco18

I was under the impression that Oceania does not restrict passengers from brining wine on board ship at the various ports. (I am talking about a few bottles, not cases LOL). In a recent communication with Oceania, a representative told a friend of mine that wine is limited to 3 bottles per stateroom per cruise. What's the real deal?

I was under the impression that Oceania does not restrict passengers from brining wine on board ship at the various ports. (I am talking about a few bottles, not cases LOL). In a recent communication with Oceania, a representative told a friend of mine that wine is limited to 3 bottles per stateroom per cruise. What's the real deal?

We have brought as many as 6 one and a half litre bottles on board when boarding and never had a problem. I know others who have brought a case on board and left it with the wine steward. Maybe it is who you know;)! I haven't tried this yet.

We took 5 or 6 bottles of wine on board on May 2 this year, we had just been in Tuscany for a few days and then brought on board various different bottles in port stops, more wine, limoncello, mandorla, no problems at all. When too many people start to abuse the policy and bringing their "private" alcohol out to public spaces, then Oceania will likely put a limit on what can be brought on board. They reserve the right to anyway.

We were on the London to London cruise ending 7/25 and while in one of the ports, we purchased six bottles of wine in a local grocery store. We carried them aboard ship in a cardboard container especially designed to carry 6 bottles of wine, with no covering on it to hide the fact that it was wine. No one said anything to us at all, didn't even raise their eyebrows. We just had to put it through the security scanner, same as anything else purchased in port.

As long as passengers don't go overboard (no pun intended) bringing on cases and cases of wine, and as long as it is consumed in the cabin and not in public areas. Oceania appears to be tolerant.

I have to admit that O's house wines aren't bad at $5.75 per glass (but their idea of how much liquid is considered a glass does not match mine). They also had happy hour most nights from 5 to 6 where bar drinks were 2 for 1, so that is nice when we wanted a before-dinner glass of something. You were able to take the O wine into the dining room with you as well.

Let's hope that O's tolerance isn't abused, which would cause them to put in new and more restrictive rules regarding bringing alcohol on board!

BTW, the London to London cruise was our 7th with O, and they just keep getting better and better. The ship was spiffy and the service was outstanding. Happy crew and happy passengers = a wonderful trip.

Archived