Embarkation Port for Princess Caribbean to Canada?

banksidedrive

Can someone who knows confirms for me that the embarkation port for the August 22, 2009 sailing of the Princess Caribbean to Canada is truly Pier 12 at the pier on Broome Street in Brooklyn? The initial sales page for this cruise states "Brooklyn or Manhattan, NYC" as the port, and when I click on that, it comes up with Pier 12 in Brooklyn. I'm not sure why the Manhattan part is in there at all, and since I didn't use a travel agent to book, I can't exactly call one to confirm that what I think I'm reading online is correct... If no one here really knows, I'll call Princess, of course... but I usually find you guys to be most accurate!

Thanks!

Can someone who knows confirms for me that the embarkation port for the August 22, 2009 sailing of the Princess Caribbean to Canada is truly Pier 12 at the pier on Broome Street in Brooklyn? The initial sales page for this cruise states "Brooklyn or Manhattan, NYC" as the port, and when I click on that, it comes up with Pier 12 in Brooklyn. I'm not sure why the Manhattan part is in there at all, and since I didn't use a travel agent to book, I can't exactly call one to confirm that what I think I'm reading online is correct... If no one here really knows, I'll call Princess, of course... but I usually find you guys to be most accurate!

Thanks!

99% of the time the CB leaves from Red Hook Brooklyn St Terminal.

This is from the Terminal website...

From Manhattan via the Brooklyn or Manhattan Bridges and from La Guardia Airport (LGA):

From the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges, or La Guardia Airport, get onto the westbound Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (I0278-W) and take Exit 27 – Atlantic Avenue. Make Left onto Columbia Street. Make a left onto Congress Street. Proceed one block to Hicks Street and make a right. Follow Hicks Street until it dead ends at Hamilton Avenue (adjacent to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel). Make a right onto Hamilton Avenue. Follow it to Van Brunt Street and make a left. Go two blocks and make right onto Bowne Street. Enter the terminal at Bowne and Imlay intersection.

Thanks, Colo Cruiser -- but what about the other 1% pf the time??!! You get my point? Where on the website do you find the definitive answer as to whether for this particular cruise it's Brooklyn or Manhattan (as it says on the first page)? I agree with you that it looks like it's Red Hook in Brooklyn -- but where would you find the actual Princess confirmation? I am new to Princess, and I'm perplexed that it isn't more cut-and-dried "this is positively it" anywhere that I could find in the Princess materials. I appreciate your answer as it's tone ("99% pf the time") exactly reflects my confusion and I guess I'm just surprised that Princess handles it this way!

Thanks for your great help!

Thanks, Colo Cruiser -- but what about the other 1% pf the time??!! You get my point? Where on the website do you find the definitive answer as to whether for this particular cruise it's Brooklyn or Manhattan (as it says on the first page)? I agree with you that it looks like it's Red Hook in Brooklyn -- but where would you find the actual Princess confirmation? I am new to Princess, and I'm perplexed that it isn't more cut-and-dried "this is positively it" anywhere that I could find in the Princess materials. I appreciate your answer as it's tone ("99% pf the time") exactly reflects my confusion and I guess I'm just surprised that Princess handles it this way!

Try http://www.brooklyncruiseguide.com/cruise-calendar.html

Also, you can call Princess and ask.

The booking section naturally lists the pier options, but the itinerary page of Cruise Personalizer usually specifies which pier your cruise is scheduled for. Have you checked there?

We went on the NE/Canada cruise in Oct 08 on the Caribbean Princess and left from Brooklyn. We did run into a problem with the taxi driver who did not know where it was at. We took a cab from Midtown. The taxi driver asked several pedestrians how to get there and circled around several times. We saw the same streets more than one time. Needless to say, the cabby did not get tipped. I am normally a very good tipper.

We went on the Grand (same cruise) in 2004 and left from Manhatten. In 2007 on the Crown (same cruise) in 2007 and left from Brooklyn (the site said either) This year it says either for our Oct 17 cruise on the CB and per Princess on the phone it's Brooklyn. I can't understand why they do that since the 2 ports are in totally different areas of NY!! I would rather the Manhatten it's a little closer for us!!

Thanks to all of you -- you're right, the Cruise Personalizer DOES give the information, but before I put in all the passport info in order to get the CP, I called 1-800-PRINCESS and they confirmed that ALL Princess cruises (with an embarkation port of NYC) leave from The Brooklyn Cruise Terminal at 77 Bowen Street, Pier #12 -- with the exception of the Dawn Princess Around the World Cruise which leaves from Manhattan. So, that clears THAT up! Thanks, everyone, for your help.

Now, does anyone have a good place to park near the Brooklyn Terminal that's secure and a good price? Or a better price than the one Princess is suggesting, which I think is around $30/day? Probably not, but worth asking anyway...!

You can park right at the terminal. It is fenced and patrolled. I have left my car there twice with no problems and will be leaving it there again this Sept. I believe the cost last Sept. was $168.00 for the week. If you check their website it will have all the current information. And the nicest part is your car will be a stones throw from the terminal.

You can park right at the terminal. It is fenced and patrolled. I have left my car there twice with no problems and will be leaving it there again this Sept. I believe the cost last Sept. was $168.00 for the week. If you check their website it will have all the current information. And the nicest part is your car will be a stones throw from the terminal.

And that's a good thing? :p

Archived