Heads Up! Another change to Regent website.

Just went on to Regent site and the "Already Booked" section has been changed into a "My Account" section similar to what they had in the past. I had to create a new account, which was pretty straight forward, which brought our "history", but had to add our upcoming Sept 25th cruise in order to see booked excursions (which were all there.... Thank my personal God!), etc.

Not sure I enjoy being part of a Beta test of a website anymore.....

Sorted out the new account thing but when I went to the "Already booked" section I didn't see the usual disclaimer about dining reservations being available 30 days prior to cruise. I'm assuming (hoping) that option will magically appear at the appropriate time.

Anyone inside the 30-day window have info on this?

I thought it was to appear 30 days prior at midnight EST, if that's the case, it should be there right now since we board on 8/28 and it's not there yet. Guess I'll check again in the AM. Night night Cruise Critic!

I thought it was to appear 30 days prior at midnight EST, if that's the case, it should be there right now since we board on 8/28 and it's not there yet. Guess I'll check again in the AM. Night night Cruise Critic!

You're one day early. 30 days before August 28th is July 29th. Don't forget that July has 31 days in it. :D

Dave

It's a nice change! I just re-registered. I'm a first timer with Regent so I have no SSS but saw where the number would populate in the future. I do not see the dining reservations I made, but I'm not worried. I sail tomorrow already.

It's a nice change! I just re-registered. I'm a first timer with Regent so I have no SSS but saw where the number would populate in the future. I do not see the dining reservations I made, but I'm not worried. I sail tomorrow already.

Woohoo!! Have a great cruise!:D:D:D

Oops - but thanks - I'll check again tonight! No worries, we're happy to eat any where on the Voyager since I we'll be on VACATION!

No problem logging in exactly at midnight EST 30 days prior! Got reservations at both Prime 7 and Signatures! Cheers!

Thank you so much for your posting about the new website. We don't leave until December 2,so I haven't paid much attention except for the fact that I already filled out the embarkation forms and already booked shore excursions. And, yes, everything (including our new SSS numbers) was there. I never would have even known that there were changes to the website and that I needed to re-register if not for your posting. Thanks!

No problem logging in exactly at midnight EST 30 days prior! Got reservations at both Prime 7 and Signatures! Cheers!

Good to know islandhalls! Thanks very much for your diligence! :)

Thank you so much for your posting about the new website. We don't leave until December 2,so I haven't paid much attention except for the fact that I already filled out the embarkation forms and already booked shore excursions. And, yes, everything (including our new SSS numbers) was there. I never would have even known that there were changes to the website and that I needed to re-register if not for your posting. Thanks!

You're welcome travelingduo, although the main thing is you are still booked on your cruise and excursions...it just looks different on the site now.

P.S. We love the Bay Area.......

Just a question! How have you booked shore excrusions so early? We sail Jan 10th, 2010 and nothing is posted as far as excrusions on web site? just curious, I also signed up to my account so am looking forward to seeing all postings. Cabin # assigned but thats all.:rolleyes:

Just a question! How have you booked shore excrusions so early? We sail Jan 10th, 2010 and nothing is posted as far as excrusions on web site? just curious, I also signed up to my account so am looking forward to seeing all postings. Cabin # assigned but thats all.:rolleyes:

This is a good question. The system is not suppose to allow you to book excursions until 120 days out. Travelingduo is 126 days out. Not sure how excursions were booked unless it was during several weeks earlier in the year when the system wasn't working and people were able to book early:confused:

I just registered at My Account and in the process checked the shore excursions for our 12/11/09 sailing. They are not yet available approximately 134 days out -- I have two weeks to wait...

I would continue to check everyday-as i've posted earlier we are on the 11/18 SYD_AKL leg and we were closed out of a number of excursions in mid June after we had been told by both our TA and Regent that excursion bookings wouldn't be avaiable to book until July 15th!

The 120 day limit is not being imposed evenly. Excursions for our December 4th trip opened up weeks ago, and we booked them immediately.

So, ..., you just have to check back frequently.

The website says that tours are "generally" available 120 days before the cruise. As soon as they appear, you can begin to reserve them so you just have to check back regularly. Whereas the dining specifically says 30 days. Apparently the early bird does gets the worm - but only if the worm is tours, not dining reservations.

The website says that tours are "generally" available 120 days before the cruise. As soon as they appear, you can begin to reserve them so you just have to check back regularly. Whereas the dining specifically says 30 days. Apparently the early bird does gets the worm - but only if the worm is tours, not dining reservations.

Given the varied experience with excursions I'd check back daily for dininng reservations as well because you never know when policy will change

Archived