Sales: Is it just me or....

Have the number and frequency of sales on RCCL declined in the last few months? Before booking our last cruise, there were TONS of sales. I mean, we could have sailed almost anywhere for less than $75 per person, per day!!! Now, there are 3 or 4 sailings in RCCL's Hot Deals area, and 1/2 of them are 3-4 days.

Is RCCL not hurting as badly now?

Is the economy improving?

Are people just saying, "to hell with it, I am going to spend money anyway"?

What is your take, or am I just missing something???

Have the number and frequency of sales on RCCL declined in the last few months? Before booking our last cruise, there were TONS of sales. I mean, we could have sailed almost anywhere for less than $75 per person, per day!!! Now, there are 3 or 4 sailings in RCCL's Hot Deals area, and 1/2 of them are 3-4 days.

Is RCCL not hurting as badly now?

Is the economy improving?

Are people just saying, "to hell with it, I am going to spend money anyway"?

What is your take, or am I just missing something???

I haven't really poked aorund much but in June I booked a 5-nighter on the Navigator in an Ocean View room for January 2. About 2 weeks later I upgraded to a Hump Balcony for less than the cost of my Ocean View room because of a "Hot Deal." Currently because of the "Hot Deals" OVs start at only $3pp less than a Balcony. :)

This cruise doesn't appear to be selling all that quickly.

We are sailing on the Freedom in Sept. (it's past the final payment date). We sailed this same week last year on the Liberty. Last year, there were some major price drops and really good sales. I think an inside cabin was going for around $350pp. This year the prices are much higher.

We've been keeping our eye out for some good deals and have seen nada.

We have been VERY busy, many sailings are completely full up and can't get any cabins, forget multiple cabins near each other.

It is not just for summer either, fall bookings are crazy. We honestly have seen no letting up of being busy. Many people come in and say they are sick of all the bad news and need a vacation.

I was very surprised to have a major price drop on a cruise we have booked for next April...have had some small drops for our Oct. cruise...there are still a lot of open cabins so maybe after final payment we will see more deals...

We have been VERY busy, many sailings are completely full up and can't get any cabins, forget multiple cabins near each other.

It is not just for summer either, fall bookings are crazy. We honestly have seen no letting up of being busy. Many people come in and say they are sick of all the bad news and need a vacation.

That's a good point! Staycations can only last so long and the economy has a while before a meaningful and noticeable turnaround. No sense in staying home for a couple years if you don't have to! :cool:

Makes sense. I know that vacations are important to us. Things are so hectic, you just need a break! We have/would cutback in other areas in order to take a vacation. We probably need it now more than ever.

However, my DH's job is indirectly linked to the travel industry. I know his customers (hotel brands) are hurting.

That's a good point! Staycations can only last so long and the economy has a while before a meaningful and noticeable turnaround. No sense in staying home for a couple years if you don't have to! :cool:

I also don't think my area has been hit as bad as others. No one I know has been laid off or seen any measurable change in their status.

You guys make some interesting points. I live in Michigan, which has been hit the hardest with job loss. My city's unemployment rate is over 14%. I don't know of anyone going on vacation out of state this year!

DH and I are hoping to snag a good deal, but our cruising time is quite a ways away. I guess we will just have to keep watching for price drops, and hope that we can snag a residency deal like we did last time.

Archived