Just back form Triumph to Canada do you have any questions?

anno

Just got back from a 4 day cruise on the Triumph to Saint John, Canada.

Nice cruise lousy weather. Still have a great time.

If you have any questions I will do my best to help.

yes there's lobster - small tails, you can get seconds but all dishes are served one dish at a time with long waits between. few people got really dressed up for elegant night - mostly fancy casual. Lots of personal items went missing poolside. Saint John port was horrible - nothing exciting to see - don't even consider the jet boat to reversing falls (actually a river not falls).

Yes there is lobster on formal night which is the first day at sea.

I would do a excursion but don't use the ship. There are plenty of independant tours groups and they will know the tides better and work around the tide schedule.

We just walked aroudn town. Nothign to see unless you enjoy looking at old buildings.

No there was not a guest talent show. We only went to one dance show and a comedian. I am sorry I don't know if there is a liquor store near the port. If you are taking a cab from the airport maybe you can ask the cab driver to stop somewhere for you.

Hello.

We head out on the 5-day St. John/Halifax cruise this Saturday. It is my first cruise and I'm looking forward to it!

Any tips or suggestions? The highlights of your cruise?

And most importantly, what were the desserts? ;)

Annie, imagine finding you posting here! Didn't realize it was you at first, then looked at your screen name twice and realized you were posting too.

Wish you had better weather. But glad it was relaxing. Loved your pictures!

We just returned from the 5 day Triumph cruise. In St. John's we took the Trolley Tour. The guide was very entertaining. We learned about different places in the city and that helped us to plan the day as to where we wanted to walk to. If you have chilren who like to play in the water, you might want to visit the Aquatics Center. They have pool time available to the public from 1:00 (their time) to 3:30 or something like that. They have an enormous slide, diving boards and ropes for kids to swing into the water with. You can also swim laps or play water volleyball. It is located indoors so if the weather is nasty, you can still play.

Only suggestion I have is have a great time even if the weather is bad!

No, they still had the two seatings in the two dining rooms.

My favorite dessert is the chocolate melting cake. So I couldn't tell you about any other dessert since I ordered it every night.

Hello njmomof2

going on triumph to st johns next week. what clothes should i pack? im so use to packing for the carribean. should i bring more jeans and long sleeve shirts instead of shorts and tank tops?

did it rain? was it cold on the boat?

I am going on this cruise Saturday 8/1

According to weather.com the forecast for Monday in St. John is 85 degrees and sunny with 0% chance of precipitaion. Tuesday in Halifax not so nice. I have cruised to Canada many times. I always pack for sunny and warm and cool and rainy as you never know.

Freedom Tours thru shore trips for the fun day in fundy or something like that in St. Johns. It was excellent. Our guide was Trinna. She was great. They knew the tide schedule and I can't say enough good things about them.

Definitely the warm chocolate melting cake. OMG

Freedom Tours thru shore trips for the fun day in fundy or something like that in St. Johns. It was excellent. Our guide was Trinna. She was great. They knew the tide schedule and I can't say enough good things about them.

Definitely the warm chocolate melting cake. OMG

I also used Freedom Tours for my trip in June. Very good company.

We had great service in the dining room. Our waiter brought 2 bowls of ice cream with our warm chocolate melting cake with us even asking. I found it best to ask for everything you want to eat in the beginning, including second entrees.

Janice

Glad to hear you enjoyed the cruise anno, looking forward to that chocolate cake!

We cruise on the Triumph on 12th September, we love the formal side of cruising and coming from Scotland my husband loves to wear his kilt, should we leave it at home, will he look too overdressed as it is now billed as 'elegant night'?

We just did the 4 day to St John in June and took the tour to the Sea Caves in St Martins. It also went to the reversing falls (both before and after, to show the different heights of the tide) and a tour around the city. We did it through the ship, and would do it again!

Glad to hear you enjoyed the cruise anno, looking forward to that chocolate cake!

We cruise on the Triumph on 12th September, we love the formal side of cruising and coming from Scotland my husband loves to wear his kilt, should we leave it at home, will he look too overdressed as it is now billed as 'elegant night'?

I vote yes for the Kilt!!! I will be wearing mine on the next cruise we go on, and also plan on wearing it at the Highland Games in Stone Mountain Ga. in October when we visit there!!!

Please keep in mind that for these cruises that the weather for the sea days going to Canada and coming back can get chilly and foggy. So even if it's 85 degrees in Saint John it may be a lot cooler out in the Atlantic. So make sure to bring a light jacket, hoodie, sweatshirt or whatever if you want to sit outside . You may not need it but you never know. I've done this cruise at least 5 times so this is the voice of experience.

Archived