Getting a good table for dinning

Going to the Maitre'd the first thing after you board and asking wouldn't hurt.

What are the chances of a empty table just waiting for you to move to? I dont know.

We did switch from late to early dinner and got placed at a table for 8 next to a window.... but just chance. We sat with a family of 6 who were pretty tight, so it was our least favorite table so far, but yep, we had a window.

I actually prefer in the back dining room in the back where you can watch the sunset, and you dont even have to be right by the window, awesome views from back there. We were on the second deck of the dining room.

Our tablesmates one year said they had gone and asked right after boarding. They were told it's luck of the draw. They would have been willing to move them if they had openings, though, so it may be worth it to ask.

As I recall, and this was about 3 years ago, they also said it was a bit of a pain for the guy to find out if there were any free. According to the needs each week, table arrangements change and numbers aren't always in the same spot. Hope that makes sense.

Depending on time of year you go and whether you have early or late seating, it may be dark out and you won't see a thing out the window anyway...best viewing..months during daylight savings time and early seating.

a table by the window is sometimes not worth it. during the morning if the sun is on your side of the ship, the curtains will be drawn becuase of the heat. during the day, they will be open for lunch time. in the evening, they will be drawn shut to create the ambiance with the dinning room artificial lighting. i have found that the best tables are not up against the window, but just close to them. jmo

How to do go about getting a good table by a window?

Archived