e-docs - notice send when available?

LindaKE

Will I be notified when e-docs are available, or do I need to keep checking NCL's web site to find them? I'm pretty sure that documentss came in snail mail on our previous cruises, so don't know what to expect.

We made final payment a few weeks ago, although it wasn't due until earlier this week. (I know the concensus is that we shouldn't do it early, but the price is currently $620 pp higher than we paid. Since we saw the price going up, up, up, I went ahead and paid so the date wouldn't slip by me.) NCL website says e-docs are pending.

We made final payment a few weeks ago, although it wasn't due until earlier this week. (I know the concensus is that we shouldn't do it early, but the price is currently $620 pp higher than we paid. Since we saw the price going up, up, up, I went ahead and paid so the date wouldn't slip by me.) NCL website says e-docs are pending.

I last cruised in October. My e-docs weren't available until about 10 days prior to my cruise.

As long as you made final payment when required, the new rates you are seeing are a mute point regardless of how much higher than what you paid. You paid off early w/out any benefit to yourself and just gave the cruiseline your money to use to their benefit earlier than required. Personal choice....just not one I would have done.

Edocs can be ready at various times before your cruise.....just have to keep checking to see when that magical printing moment arrives !

Hmmm.....we booked 2 weeks ago for a September crusie. Because I booked so late....I had to pay the entire bill. A day or 2 after...I noticed e-docs were ready to print. I thought I was supposed to get an email....it hasnt arrived yet....but the e-docs are all printed and ready to go! :)

Cruising 9/20 on the Pearl and had already made final payment. We did advance registration and then about a week later 7/14 got notice to do edocs, filled them out and printed.

Now just waiting for the ship to pick us up.

For my last two cruises, I received an email notification when the e-docs were ready.

This time, I did not.

For the first cruise, I only got the e-docs. For the second, I got e-docs and a packet in the mail. Yesterday, I received an email stating that they were sending another packet via mail.

So far there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

I would just keep checking online for the e-docs.

We're cruising on 10/3, our final payment was due and made on 7/20, and to our surprise our edocs were ready about a week thereafter....more than 60 days before the cruise. We did not get an email saying they were ready. I just signed in to check my reservation, and there they were...ready to be printed. On the other hand some of the people in our cruise's Roll Call group do not yet have their documents available.

As others have said, there seems to be no consistency in when docs are available, or discernable reason for why some are when others are not.

We're 70 days from sailing and I just received an e-mail from NCL advising e-docs are available. I'd checked this morning and they were still pending.

Final payment was due on Monday, 7/27 and I made the final payment on 7/23. We booked the cruise direct through NCL.

If I receive actual hard copy documents, I'll post, as it would be interesting to see if there is any trend between those who receive the hard copy and those who don't.

Hi, can someone explain how EDOCS work? I have only cruised Carnival before and they always sent hard copy docs to me... are the days of doing the doc dance gone?? lol...

Please explain how it all works for this NCL newbie.

Archived