Ballantyne port to vancouver ap yvr

LOW Cruisers

HI, I am concerned about making our flight out of YVY. Does anyone know if I will be able to get off the ship early, say at least by 8:00 am and will that give me enough time to make my flight, which is 10:30? I have the telephone numbers for the local cab companies and I am seriously thinking of calling one and have them be there to meet us. Thanks:)

Can you change your flight or does your cruise line participate in the US Direct program?

Even if all goes well with the disembarkation, it is still a 30 mins.+ drive to the airport. Most international flights require you to check in 2 hours prior to flight time. Then, you will need to go through US Customs & Immigration, and then security line-ups. Depending on the day and number of flights, the lines can be very long.

YVR is not a good airport to schedule flights before noon after a cruise.

HI, I am concerned about making our flight out of YVY. Does anyone know if I will be able to get off the ship early, say at least by 8:00 am and will that give me enough time to make my flight, which is 10:30? I have the telephone numbers for the local cab companies and I am seriously thinking of calling one and have them be there to meet us. Thanks:)

You're cutting it awfully close because it is highly recommended you get to the airport at least 2 hrs before a flight to the US.

I don't really know what time your ship docks, but let's just say you get off the ship and clear customs and you're at the curbside right at 8AM and you have a cab/limo waiting for you, it will still take you at least 1/2 hr to get to the airport (that is, if there are no snags, whatsoever). Assuming you get to the airport at 8:30, you really just have enough time to check in, clear security and US immigration, and get to your gate. That is, if everything goes smoothly. If you encounter even the most minor of problems, you may very well miss your flight.

I would recommend changing your flight to one that leaves after 12 noon.

If you can't change your flight, try booking a limo instead of a cab - at least you can pre-book one way ahead of time.

You do not have enough time to make a 10:30 flight; change it now to one that leaves after noon. You require at least 2 hours to get through check in / security / US Immigration, which means you have to be at the aiport by 8:30. It's a good 45 minutes to the airport. You cannot make that flight.

Nope, you don't stand a chance. Getting off the ship 'early' generally means within an hour of docking, even if you did, you're looking at clearing customs, getting a limo service (a cab wont pre-book from Ballantyne, they're not allowed to) to YVR (during the busy morning rushhour, although you'll be mostly going against it), check in, clear USA customs & immigration (which is often 30-60 mins), clear security.....

I really don't think a flight before 12:30 is possible.

Thanks, I think your right and I am going to try and get me flight that leaves later. I am now thinking that we may just spend the night somewhere, Vancouver or maybe go to Seattle and spend the night and then fly home Saturday. I am looking at ways to get from Vancouver to Seattle. I have learned a great lesson, do some home work and maybe even use a TA.

If you decide to fly out of Seattle instead of YVR there are 3 ways to travel to Seattle

1) Quick Shuttle is a dedicated bus service that goes direct to the SEA airport http://www.quickshuttle.com

2) Amtrack take the train to Seattle - it leaves VAncouver around 4:30 pm and will get you to SEA around 11pm and you will have a wonderful relaxing trip - the train station is only about a 10 min cab ride from the dock and you could have all day to enjoy Vancouver before catching the train

3) rent a car and drive it - about a 4 hour drive from downtown Vancouver

Thanks, I think your right and I am going to try and get me flight that leaves later. I am now thinking that we may just spend the night somewhere, Vancouver or maybe go to Seattle and spend the night and then fly home Saturday. I am looking at ways to get from Vancouver to Seattle. I have learned a great lesson, do some home work and maybe even use a TA.

There are quite a few options to get you back to VA leaving from YVR

Redeye via Seattle

UA 8251 YVR 2100-2150 SEA (Operated by Air Canada)

UA 262 SEA 2235-0627+1 IAD

Daytime via Edmonton/Chicago

AC 238 YVR 1245-1509 YEG

AC 4681 YEG 1600-2022 ORD (operated by United)

AC 5532 ORD 2145-0030 IAD (operated by United)

Also, even if an AC flight is a little more expensive, remember that AC don't charge for luggage..

I want to thank all of you again for your advice and suggestions. I was going to switch flights but after finding I would lose all I had paid I said forget it. I will just take a chance on making my flight. I finanly received a reply from RCCI, to my email and they said I could go the "Express Departure". Then I found their press release on line http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ourCompany/pressCenter/pressReleases/info.do?prDate=04-05-2007&prCode=A

What I find interesting is that the RCCI person told me if they (RCCI) can let passengers with a 11 am flight or later use their "Luggage Valet" I should have no problem making my 10:30 am flight. I have nothing to loss but get stuck with a later flight, maybe even a red eye flight so we are going to give it our best shot. Now I need to find a limo service, tried calling two but my cell phone won't work for some odd reason on 604 area codes. I have emailed those two and hoping for a reply, wish me luck. Roy

Archived