birthday wishes

mezza

it was my birthday yesterday (today US time) and unexpectedly, i received birthday wishs from Princess and Cunard :) - our future cruise bookings- but from our immediate cruise in 6 weeks - nothing. Hmmmm, is this an indication of their 'service of excellence', marketing or customer care that is LACKING? :rolleyes:

it was my birthday yesterday (today US time) and unexpectedly, i received birthday wishs from Princess and Cunard :) - our future cruise bookings- but from our immediate cruise in 6 weeks - nothing. Hmmmm, is this an indication of their 'service of excellence', marketing or customer care that is LACKING? :rolleyes:

Happy belated birthday. HAL's e-mails are very hit or miss, after all they have more than 7 million Mariners and a 70% repeat business - far more than any other cruise line, so they must be doing something right.;)

I am sure that you will find sailing with HAL a pleasant experience but if not then you can always console yourself with the fact that you have a Cunard cruise and a Princess cruise to look forward to.

Hope you had a great day with lots of presents and lots of cake and ice-cream.

Valerie:)

:confused: Do any of us really expect Birthday wishes by e-mail from all the companies with which we do business? Why would HAL be lacking to not send such a greeting vs. your grocery store, or your dentist, or your dry cleaner etc?

I can't say I expect any such. If I were to receive such greetings (never have), I'd think it lovely but it certainly would not be a factor in whether I continue to do business with that company/provider. ;)

But that's just me.

Belated birthday wishes to you. A question - have you sailed with Holland America previously or are they booked for future cruises? We didn't begin getting birthday greetings until after our first sailing - maybe it's like the tiles, you get them after your first cruise.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

I received my B'Day e-mail from HAL a few days prior to the event:

Dear Brian,

We are happy that you are

celebrating your birthday this month

and wanted to take a moment to

send you our very best for

another wonderful year.

Warm wishes from all of us at sea

and on shore.

Holland America Line

To change your e-mail address or preferences, click here. To unsubscribe from future emails click here. Please do not reply directly to this message as we do not monitor this address. For assistance please click here.

(I guess Stein likes me after all...)

;)

Happy belated birthday. HAL's e-mails are very hit or miss, after all they have more than 7 million Mariners and a 70% repeat business - far more than any other cruise line, so they must be doing something right.;)

I am sure that you will find sailing with HAL a pleasant experience but if not then you can always console yourself with the fact that you have a Cunard cruise and a Princess cruise to look forward to.

Hope you had a great day with lots of presents and lots of cake and ice-cream.

I expected to get flamed here because I think that by saying 7 million Mariners I may have exaggerated just a little bit;) - don't know how I came up with that number - call me crazy, you would not be the first one to do so, believe me:D. However, I am pretty sure that HAL's repeat business is 70% and few, if any, other cruise lines can claim that percentage.

I honestly do hope that you have a great cruise and that you set foot aboard ship with a positive attitude and not a negative attitude - that will go a long way towards making sure that your cruise is all that you hope it will be.

Happy Belated Burthday!!

I hope your birthday was wonderful!

I did get a birthday email from HAL this year....I also got one from Princess..I'm not sure how I got on their list! We were thinking about a Princess cruise when we book our October Eurodam cruise, perhaps they got our information when our TA did a "pretend" booking to get pricing details for the comparisson.

I love the birthday card I get from my hairdresser. It's a coupon for 10% off next visit! Now you're talking.:) A mass market email birthday wish seems a little fakey to me and I don't think I'd be very thrilled one way or another over that. It's not like they're your friends or anything, right?

Anyway, I hope you had a blessed and wonderful birthday full of cheer and best wishes!!!:)

Archived