Alaska Shadow

honest pleasure

Sorry fellow cruisers ... I can't hold my tongue on this occasion

Can you say "TACKY" ... I knew you could ...

With all due respect - I don't see it that way - honest pleasure has over 100 days on silversea per another posting. We all like "freebies" don't we? And people new to Silversea may not even know that this benefit (to them, too) is available if no one mentions it.

OK, maybe my initial reaction was a little harsh.

The obc available for friends of Society Members who travel on the same voyage and the benefit for the Member with an additional obc and double points is a nice perk and yes, we all like freebies.

But it was designed for people who introduce friends to Silversea and I don't think that posting on a message board (especially a Silversea message board) for a first time cruiser to become your "friend" for a voyage, so that you can both get an additional obc is either appropriate, or fair to Silversea.

The net result over the long term will probably be that the program will simply be withdrawn, which would be detrimental to those who do refer their real friends.

Right now, as with most smaller cruise lines, Silversea is fighting for their life in these tough economic times. I would like them to be around for another 20 years so that I can continue to enjoy the wonderful service and ambiance. While I am very happy to take advantage of the excellent deals that are presently available, I don't like to see people trying to nickel & dime a company to death.

IMHO

We have introduced friends last year and we got the OBC and double days but our friends did not receive anything

We are introducing another friend on our up and coming cruise in September and there is no OBC as it is not a "V" sailing we get double days for the introduction - that's what I was told and understand - there in only a benefit for the person introducing (not the person or couple you are introducing).

Sorry, we are brand new to Silversea and are sailing in April 2010 on the Cloud from San Jaun, PR to Barcelona. Are arranging our own flights. Our travel agent has not mentioned OBC - how can we get some?

We have introduced friends last year and we got the OBC and double days but our friends did not receive anything

We are introducing another friend on our up and coming cruise in September and there is no OBC as it is not a "V" sailing we get double days for the introduction - that's what I was told and understand - there in only a benefit for the person introducing (not the person or couple you are introducing).

Now THAT'S Tacky! I say that as a prospective new cruiser to Silversea. Offering benefits only to only past customers does not make me feel very welcome, I must say...

Now THAT'S Tacky! I say that as a prospective new cruiser to Silversea. Offering benefits only to only past customers does not make me feel very welcome, I must say...

Just about every cruise on Silversea is currently offering includes a $500 per person obc. I'm not sure exactly what additional obc is offered for a new customer sponsored by a Venetian Society member.

To quote from the SS website :-

Friends of the Society® Programme

Introduce your friends to Silversea and they will also enjoy special privileges and savings when you travel together. When your friends sail with you, as a sponsoring Venetian Society member, you will receive bonus rewards including a USD$250 Onboard Spending Credit per suite on designated Venetian Society voyages and the opportunity to earn double rewards days on all voyages. Restrictions apply.

I know you folks who are in the know will correct me if I am wrong, but it may be the case that because we are in the UK, and paid through a UK travel agent, that OBC isn't available? Or is this completely wrong? I think it may be that you folks in the US may get OBC if you arrange your own flights, and don't use Silversea to arrange them ??????

I know you folks who are in the know will correct me if I am wrong, but it may be the case that because we are in the UK, and paid through a UK travel agent, that OBC isn't available? Or is this completely wrong? I think it may be that you folks in the US may get OBC if you arrange your own flights, and don't use Silversea to arrange them ??????

No, it's available to UK customers too. My parents are sailing on the Cloud tomorrow. All booked from the UK and flying from the UK with Silversea air package - they received a $1000 per suite OBC.

See: http://www.silversea.com/silversea.aspx?id=1488&page_type=airpromotions&page_id=Programmes

We're on cruise nmbr 1011 on the Cloud in April 2010 and it doesn't seem to be eligible for OBC ! No idea why!

The $1000 per suite OBC is for 2009 sailings. Call it a Silversea stimulus package if you will. There are presently no OBC published for 2010 cruises.

With all due respect - I don't see it that way - honest pleasure has over 100 days on silversea per another posting. We all like "freebies" don't we? And people new to Silversea may not even know that this benefit (to them, too) is available if no one mentions it.

I agree with chicagogal. I see nothing wrong with this at all. I thought it was a nice gesture by honest pleasure.

Check out the Seabourn board. They have a special 'sticky' that relates to referral coupons. It's an interesting read.

Cheers

ging466

As cruisers who were on Azamara last year and have been attracted by a half price deal (offered by Silversea) together with a 500 dollar (per person) on board credit (also offered by Silversea)- I can see that we have been extremely lucky (but no doubt Silversea wouldn't be doing this if they were not struggling in the current market)

If they are anything like Azamara (which I'm sure they will be, and more!) we'll be more than happy and only hope that they can continue. It does sound as if they are battling with a lot of political manoeuvering by their so called regular customers = and this is something that they can no doubt do without! -

Let's just go and enjoy ourselves in hopefully as friendly an atmosphere as we experienced on Azamara - aren't we all indeed extremely lucky to be contemplating such a wonderful experience at all!!!!

As cruisers who were on Azamara last year and have been attracted by a half price deal (offered by Silversea) together with a 500 dollar (per person) on board credit (also offered by Silversea)- I can see that we have been extremely lucky (but no doubt Silversea wouldn't be doing this if they were not struggling in the current market)

If they are anything like Azamara (which I'm sure they will be, and more!) we'll be more than happy and only hope that they can continue. It does sound as if they are battling with a lot of political manoeuvering by their so called regular customers = and this is something that they can no doubt do without! -

Let's just go and enjoy ourselves in hopefully as friendly an atmosphere as we experienced on Azamara - aren't we all indeed extremely lucky to be contemplating such a wonderful experience at all!!!!

Amen! We love Silversea. Let's not contribute to their downfall!

Archived