There is a Real Need

Mikey2611

Its interesting that the site does not allow members to post for cabin mates. I do not know the rationale but of course that is the site owners perogative. Notwithstanding, there is little doubt that the cruise lines are missing a huge opportunity by not having a forum for those singles who would cruise more often if they could share the price of a cabin. Now I am more than aware that finding a cabin mate who is totally compatible is no mean task and cannot think of anything worse than sharing with someone you simply cannot get along with or who has unsavery habits. I myself travel alone but having to pay double the per person cost inhibits me from taking some of the longer more exotic cruises or the more expensive Cruise Lines. If I were sharing the cost I would likely take 4/5 cruises each year instead of the two I usually take.

So what does this mean. It means that many singles are losing an opportunity to travel more and enjoy their retirement years and the Cruise Lines are losing revenue and bookings.

I believe one of the issues is possible "liability" if something goes wrong with a cabin share. There must be a way however to allow singles to seek a cabin mate on line and leave it up to them to do the due diligence and investigation any sensible person would do before agreeing to share.

It would be easy for prospective cabin shares to restrict their options to people within close proximatey and meet beforehand.

I believe that there is one cabin share site, but it does not appear very active. Someone from the Cruise Lines or Travel Industry should take a look at this as I believe that there is a huge virtually untapped opportunity. Just my thoughts.

Its interesting that the site does not allow members to post for cabin mates. I do not know the rationale but of course that is the site owners perogative. Notwithstanding, there is little doubt that the cruise lines are missing a huge opportunity by not having a forum for those singles who would cruise more often if they could share the price of a cabin. Now I am more than aware that finding a cabin mate who is totally compatible is no mean task and cannot think of anything worse than sharing with someone you simply cannot get along with or who has unsavery habits. I myself travel alone but having to pay double the per person cost inhibits me from taking some of the longer more exotic cruises or the more expensive Cruise Lines. If I were sharing the cost I would likely take 4/5 cruises each year instead of the two I usually take.

So what does this mean. It means that many singles are losing an opportunity to travel more and enjoy their retirement years and the Cruise Lines are losing revenue and bookings.

I believe one of the issues is possible "liability" if something goes wrong with a cabin share. There must be a way however to allow singles to seek a cabin mate on line and leave it up to them to do the due diligence and investigation any sensible person would do before agreeing to share.

It would be easy for prospective cabin shares to restrict their options to people within close proximatey and meet beforehand.

I believe that there is one cabin share site, but it does not appear very active. Someone from the Cruise Lines or Travel Industry should take a look at this as I believe that there is a huge virtually untapped opportunity. Just my thoughts.

Yes but just so you know, there are some other web boards out there that do allow you to look for a roommate if you want. As you know, CC does not but others do.

Per the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free membership:

... You should also know that the discussion of our management policies and procedures -- including post deletions-- is considered off-topic discussion for our cruise boards and will also be removed without notice. As mentioned above, all decisions regarding any action taken by management shall remain final...

Per FAQ:

My posting was removed? How do I find out why?

If you have a question regarding the removal of a post or a discussion, please contact our Community Manager by clicking on the Contact Us link located on all pages of the forums.

Per Contact Us:

Community Guideline Issues: community@cruisecritic.com

Also posted in various places on the message boards:

Questions/comments/concerns regarding posting removals should be directed to community@cruisecritic.com only. Posts regarding this issue will be removed from the boards. Please allow at least 48 business hours for a response.

I have closed this thread and will leave it on this forum for a reasonable length of time so you can see this reply. That way, you won't be wondering what happened to your post here. Normally, it would be removed at once since it is a violation of the Guidelines to discuss Cruise Critic managment policies on the message boards.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Archived