Sail, Promised Chocolate Dessert Recipes!

HeatherInFlorida

Before anyone tells me this, I know recipes have nothing to do with cruising, but somewhere along the way I promised Sail my NYEve chocolate dessert recipes when we were talking about our yummy favorite, the HAL Chocolate Volcano Cake. Today I was sending these to a friend and remembered I promised them to Sail ... so here they are. I can't give credit to anyone because I've pulled these from various newspapers over many years. I promise they are really really good!

Chocolate Mousse Brownie Dessert

1 pkg. Betty Crocker supreme brownie mix (with pouch of Hershey's Syrup)

3/4 cup whipping (heavy) cream

1 pkg. (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)

3 eggs

1/3 cup sugar

Sweetened Whipped Cream (below) This is optional ... I serve with vanilla ice cream instead usually.

Heat oven to 350. Grease bottom only of springform pan, 10x3 inches or rectangular pan 13x9x2". Prepare brownie mix as directed on package. Spread in pan.

Heat whipping cream and chocolate chips in 2 qt. saucepan, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth; cool slightly.

Beat eggs and sugar until foamy; stir into cream-chocolate mixture. Pour evenly over batter. Bake springform pan about 65 minutes, rectangular pan about 45 minutes or until topping is set; cool completely. Serve at room temp, or cover tightly and refrigerate until chilled. (I like it chilled).

For easier cutting, use wet knife and cut with straight up-and-down motion. Top each serving with Sweetened Whipped Cream and, if desired, chocolate decorations or shavings. Store any remaining dessert tightly covered. 12 to 16 servings.

Sweetened Whipped Cream: Beat 3/4 cup whipping (heavy) cream and 2 tablespoons granulated or powdered sugar in chilled small bowl on high speed until stiff.

Macadamia Fudge Torte

Filling:

1/3 cup low-fat sweetened condensed milk

1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cake:

1 pkg pudding-included devil's food cake mix

1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1 16-oz can sliced pears in light syrup, drained

2 eggs

1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts (or pecans)

2 tsp water

Sauce: (I think the sauce is overkill and unnecessary and serve w/ice cream)

1 17 oz jar butterscotch caramel fudge ice cream topping

1/3 cup milk

1. Heat oven to 350. Spray a 9 or 10" springform pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a small saucepan, combine filling ingredients. Cook over med-low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally.

2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, cinnamon and oil; blend at low speed for 10 to 30 seconds, or until crumbly (mixture will be dry). Place pears in blender container or food processor bowl with metal blade; cover and blend until smooth.

3. In large bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups of the cake mix mixture, pureed pears and eggs; beat at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Spread batter evenly in spray-coated pan. Drop filling by spoonfuls over batter. Stir nuts and water into remaining cake mix mixture. Sprinkle over filling.

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in the center. Cool 10 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Cool completely (about 1 1/2 hours).

5. In small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until well blended, stirring occasionally.

6. To serve, spoon 2 tbs warm sauce onto each serving plate; top with wedge of torte. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt and garnish with chocolate curls.

And FINALLY!

Better Than Sex Cake (this really is to die for01 and so easy!)

1 box German chocolate cake mix

1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk

1/2 jar Mrs. Richardson's Hot Fudge

1/2 container of 12 oz. Cool Whip

Bake cake in 9 x 13 pan as directed on box. Immediately after taking from the oven, poke holes in the cake with fork. Pour Eagle Brand milk over cake. Cool. Then frost with fudge sauce and cover with whipped cream. Refrigerate to store and cut into squares to serve.

Note: Put Eagle Brand milk in pan of warm water

Enjoy! Hey! It's NYEve ... you can eat whatever you want:D . Happy New Year, everyone.

One variation on the last cake is to use a yellow cake mix, poke the holes while warm, and drizzle a can of sweetened condensed milk and a small can of cream of coconut (look in the liquor/mixes section. You may also use pina colada mix or whatever else similar that strikes your fancy.) When cool, top with whipped cream and flaked coconut.

HEATHER......:)

I don't know whether to tell you how much I love you or ;) to swear at you in languages I don't even speak for adding inches to my hips.

Those recipes sound positively sinful and I ABSOLUTELY PROMISE YOU I shall be making each of them.

I've been thinking it was time to have some friends over for a "little get together" and you have made it irresistable for me to go ahead and plan it.

THANK YOU, (I think :D )......

I know from reading those recipes, they are without question luscious!!!!

Please, please, please.....promise me you will come!!!! You name the day most convenient for you and that is the day I shall plan on.
You are such a tease!!! Now how would I find my way;) . Okay, I'll play. I could take a spin up there anytime between 6/14 and 18. I'll be up at my Mom's the end of January as well (brrrrrrr...), but I'm not moving from her warm apartment:D .

That also gives you lots of time to practice the recipes and get them down pat so you can make all 3! After we eat we can take a nice walk along the bay. You're on the bay, right? Doesn't matter ... we'll need a very long walk no matter where you are!!!

;)

You are the tricky one.........You chose a date we will be aboard "MY" Maasdam. We sail June 11 and stay aboard for June 18....(and we can't wait)!!! Summers in Boston are beautiful. We'll be home June 25 and will be staying put for the rest of the summer ....probably!! ;)

The "Bay" is the Atlantic Ocean :D . I think it may be the same one as provides Florida's East Coast with all those beaches!!! (I'm sorry....I know that sounds awfully fresh and sharp tongued. I'm 'just having some fun' with you and you know (I hope) I would never intentionally be a wise *%# to you.

No offense taken! Not to worry. The reason I said "bay" was I'm geographically impaired. You had mentioned where you actually live at some point and I thought it was on Cape Cod Bay. If I don't have a map in front of me, I'm useless.

Well, more's the pity you'll be away. And I was so looking forward to the cake. On the other hand, you'll recall some time back you promised me HAL chocolate volcano cake "on you". So what I have to do is forget the wedding I'm supposed to attend on June 11th in Maryland and stow away on "your" Maasdam and you can treat me to my cake!!!

Problem solved:D !! And quite cleverly if I do say so myself;)

Heather and Sail, First of all I hope you and your loved ones had a very Merry Christmas

Secondly, don't forget about me on dessert day :)

I am "in the neighborhood" and I love chocolate too *LOL*

Heather those desserts really do sound good, What a treat your guests are in for.

Heather.....That's a Wonderful idea. Come see beautiful Canada/New England on the beautiful and elegant ms Maasdam with us. We would definitely have a blast. And, the pleasure is all mine to provide you with as many chocolate Volcanoes as you desire. :) We would have fun savoring them together. :)

Vicar..... Anytime you are 'in the neighborhood', you just drop in and you'd be welcomed with open arms. I'll keep the oven preheated so I can whip up one of those luscious chocolate creations in the blink of an eye for you.

We are not on Cape Cod but rather we live a bit north of Boston on the Coast. .. the North Shore.

We did have a nice holiday and certainly hope you and yours did as well. Thank you for your good wishes!

And....everyone else here at CC.

Yes, I know generally where you are. We used to visit that area all the time. I had relatives years ago in Cohasset. I knew you weren't on the Cape, but thought that area was on the bay. Like I said ... a geographic nightmare am I.

Well, unfortunately I can't miss my friend's daughter's wedding so have to take a raincheck on the volcano cake on the Maasdam. But we'll do it someday!!!

Vicar, I'll pick you up and we'll head on up to Sail's for that cake;) . She's away in June, but we can do it on my next trip which will be in mid to late September. How'll that be for you, Sail?:)

Heather

Sounds good to me :) You could just swing by and pick me up on the way to Sails house.

You and Sail should have been at my house Christmas Day, the big topic of conversation turned to when the wedding was going to be. *LOL*

We are looking at some time over the summer , after my daughter graduates high school. HOPING to keep it small *LOL*

WE SHALL SEE :) :) :)

Heather

That sounds perfect :)

I have a 17 yr old daughter that does want to wear a "lame" looking Bridesmaids dress *LOL*

A 6 yr old future step son who doesn't want to walk down the aisle in a suit with a "stupid girl" *LOL*

A future mother and father in law who haven't spoken civilly to eachother in over 15 years (divorced)

I think elopeing to Sails house and then onto the Maasdam. Is just the ticket *LOL*

Oh.....I LOVE WEDDINGS!!!

Come.....Come......We shall all board Maasdam together and maybe the Captain can do the honors. Chef can do the baking and we shall all CELEBRATE. Swing by here to 'get the festivities started'!! :)

(Vic.....you will have your hands full pleasing the 'young uns' but I have confidence you shall handle it well!!! -----lame dress and all!! :eek: )

S7S

You have me sold *LOL*

Oh God My daughters mother (my Ex) remarried a few years ago and she had my daughter wear (even in my opinion) a "Lame" bridesmaids dress. *LOL* and she was pretty much a nightmare through the whole thing *LOL* So i will be careful on that issue *LOL*

Actually I have always thought that it would be pretty romantic to be married at sea by a ships captain .

This is definately food for thought

Archived