trying to understand "catagories"

lvislands

We booked a mini suite guaranteed on the Crown for 12/5. We paid for an AE catagory (whatever that means) and received notice that we have been "upgraded" to an AA catagory. So I am trying to understand what that really means? What is the difference? A mini is a mini, right? Some are not bigger than others, as best I can tell. We are on dolphin deck 523. Should I be happy?

Hi:)

I think that's a great location. Yes, all mini-suite cabins are the same. The difference in categories is the location on the ship. The mini-suites on the Dolphin deck have completely uncovered balconies. The ones on the Emeral deck have covered balconies. I think you will be happy with your cabin assignment, and have a wonderful cruise.

All mini suites are not the same - some ships (I think the Island and Coral) have four minis on one of the decks forward that do not have a balcony, however, the room is just that much bigger and it has a large picture window.

Ron

We booked a mini suite guaranteed on the Crown for 12/5. We paid for an AE catagory (whatever that means) and received notice that we have been "upgraded" to an AA catagory. So I am trying to understand what that really means? What is the difference? A mini is a mini, right? Some are not bigger than others, as best I can tell. We are on dolphin deck 523. Should I be happy?
Yes, on the Crown Princess, a mini is a mini. It's all about location, location, location. HOWEVER, some people's perception of the best location is not necessarily someone else's. An "AA" mini-suite is mid-ship on Dolphin deck and your balcony will be uncovered and visible to all of the cabins above. I prefer the "AD" mini-suite which is towards the aft on Emerald deck but is fully covered, private and protected from the elements. To each, his or her own. :)

Cats are all about location.

Go to the Princess site and select deck plans, staterooms, etc for Crown.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/kp/index.html

Why don't you check out the deck plan at the Princess website and answer your own question!:rolleyes:

Categories are not all about location and certainly not all equal

BEWARE of B428 B430 B432 and B429 B431 B433 On Grand Princess

These cabins CANNOT be converted to a Queen

They are cramped /badly furnished and downright inconvienient

Yet they are dead midships and BCs just like all the rest to either side of them

see http://www.photobucket.com/phillipahain

Yet they are dead midships and BCs just like all the rest to either side of them

see www.photobucket.com/phillipahain

Excellent point. There have been a couple of threads from very unhappy passangers, complete with pictures, about these specific cabins! I would not want to be in one.:mad:

see www.photobucket.com/phillipahain

And yet on the Grand deck plans, these rooms are shown with the red dot that means "will accommodate third person" and the details for each of these rooms say "twin beds that make up into a queen size bed".

The lower part of the deck plan page shows an asterisk * symbol that means "two lower beds not convertible to queen"...but that asterisk symbol is not shown on any of the rooms mentioned.

Cindy

I agree ...........no asterisk ..........positively no warning that these cabins cannot be converted or that wardrobe space is cut back and bedside tables missing only those stupid 2inch deep cubbyholes

You cannot even sit up and read in bed

Avoid these cabins like the plague ...........they will of course allocate them to you if you select a BC Guarantee

That way you have no come back

Is there anyway to find out the exact size of your cabin?..We have a balcony on the Caribbean Princess on a future cruise...When I asked Princess about the size I was told all the balconys were the same...Obviously not true...If one insists will they tell you the exact size and layout?

Archived