Just Wondering

loman

I see Oasis has a new location for the lifejackets at the Muster station and there is lots of comments on that thread. Has anyone actually had to abandon ship , don the lifejacket and get into the lifeboats ? Cant see this happening with all the electronics and safeties on these ships. I feel very safe on the few cruises i have been on. It would be the least of my worries. I am more afraid when i get off the ship .

Don't you remember (last year or so) a ship in the Antarctic sank? Those folks had to abandon ship in the middle of FRIGID waters! They were afloat in lifeboats for hours until other ships could reach them.

So, yes, it does and can happen. The odds are that it won't happen, but it certainly can!

Thought so. Nobody yet . They should give you a card once you have been to one muster drill , so you dont have to attend on every cruise.

Just flash the card and be on your way . You will be ready to roll if one of those pesky Somali pirates decides to sink a cruise ship. I`m sure everyone would attend their muster station in an orderly fashion to exit the ship, with lifejackets on waiting patiently for the next lifeboat. Wouldnt that be sight. Can you imagine ?

Thank you cb at sea, you responded just before my second post. Was that a little ship or a big one. I am only going on big ships , and nowhere where it is cold, you know ...... icebergs and stuff.

Archived