Fare reductions on Oceania Cruises

treasure4two

We traveled in 2008 on Oceania and 2009 on Azamara. I never checked to see if the fares went down on Oceania cruise, after we booked it but before we paid it off(we did not know about Cruise Critic then). On Azamara, the fares went down and I called my TA and each time, Azamara honored the reductions plus gave us a $200 on board credit plus prepaid tips. We are thinking about the July 10,2010 trip on the Nautica and know if we book before Aug. 31, we get two for one and free airfare but wondering if there are any fare reductions, if Oceania would honor them. We would appreciate any info.

By the way, in case you were wondering, other than the food in the main dining room not being quite as good as Oceania, I was as happy with Azamara plus we got a veranda room for $1699 each(after the fare reductions).

If you actually liked Azamara for itself, and not just because it was a cheap substitute for Oceania, we'd recommend that you sail them while you can....

Azamara has already cancelled their much vaunted 2010 World cruise, in favor of shorter cruises which, they are hoping, will sell better, and their head honcho just left the company rather unexpectedly. :eek:

Even though their parent company has deep pockets, it sounds like the writing is on the wall. Make sure you buy trip insurance. :o

Honestly, we thought that the question was rather rhetorical. The simple answer is:

If a new price reduction does not state "New Bookings Only", in the terms and conditions, then Oceania will honor it for existing bookings.

It is all about reading the fine print.

Why can't you just answer the poster's question? I'd like to know the answer, too.

If there is a price reduction before final payment, will Oceania honor the new price to already book cabins?

This fall with the economy this has been the first time I have seen Oceania reduce prices.

They usually go up closer to sailing.

I have not had personal experience with them reducing the price but someone reported that they had booked the cruise then the promotions came out.

They were credited with the $2000. reduction. for their cruise.

I would say YES they will honor any price reduction before final payment ...it make happy customers

You could check with your TA if they have had dealing with Oceania under those circumstances.

Lyn

Even though their parent company has deep pockets, it sounds like the writing is on the wall. Make sure you buy trip insurance. :o

I was wondering the same thing with the announcement that Azamara should stand on it's own.

They cannot keep the low prices forever.

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1304602&highlight=

Maybe it way of distancing them from the Parent Company when it's time to fold:confused:

Lyn

Archived