A couple questions for experienced RCLers

We are in the process of thinking about what we want to do for our summer vacation next year. We are considering a cruise to Mexico on the Mariner of the Seas out of LA. This will be our 6th cruise (4th for the kids) and our first RCL cruise.

My questions.....Since there will be 4 of us, does RCL have adjoining balcony cabins? Not just the ability to open up the balcony to make it bigger, but a door between the rooms on the inside. Are they in what you would consider a good location on the ship? (no pool, bar, theater, teen club directly above or below)

Also, some input on the teen club would be great! My teens will be 15, and 16. They completely enjoyed it on the Princess ship. What kind of activities do they have? What is the teen curfew on the ship?

All info is greatly appreciated! Even if I didn't ask for it! I'm a planner so the more I know the better! I'm sure I'll put it to use in the planning process.

I can answer a part of your question. I do know that they have adjoining balcony rooms that connect. I have heard mixed statements about having the balcony divider opened--some say they have experienced it and others say they have been turned down.

Not sure about the teen club, but I know most of the reviews/reports on this site have been very positive. The Mariner does have connecting balcony staterooms where there will be a set of doors in between both rooms, and I beleive they can take the seperator between the balconies down as well to have one big balcony. If you go to the RCI website and click on plan a cruise, then ships, select Mariner, then select deck plans. Once in deck plans select where on the ship you want to be, the connecting rooms are signified by a small line with arrows pointing to each room. Hope this helps, enjoy your cruise.

The Mariner is a lovely ship. The RCI webside has good info. There is connecting balcony staterooms or you can get one balcony for the adults and then have the teens across the hall in the promenade staterooms that have a window to the main promenade. This is less expensive and gives you a nice viewing spot for the parade. I believe the whole back of deck 12 is just for the kids. I think the curfew is 1:00

I thought about getting a balcony room and then an inside for the kids, but I would feel more comfortable if the kids were in a conncecting room and be able to keep an eye on them better. I would like to say that my kids wouldn't sneak out after they had a set curfew by us, but they are kids, and I don't put anything past a teenager!

In general, the teen priograms on RCI are excellent. Any time we've taken children the age of yours, it's been hard to get them to eat dinner with us because they have so much going on for the kids.

Go to royal Caribbean web site. Click on plan a cruise then click on ships. Pick the ship you are going on or want to go on then click on deck plans. Top left hand corner you can pick deck by deck to see which rooms are ajoining where they are located and you can pick the deck above to see what will be directly above you.

On the Mariner Deck Nine they actually have a couple of balcony cabins that connect with inside cabins, so if they're available ask for 9676 w/9681 or 9376 w/9381.

I have never been on an RCCL ship where you can open the partition on the balconies and I have stayed in numerous connecting balcony cabins.

To see which rooms connect, all you have to do is look at the deck plans in the brochure. I'm amazed how many people apparently book a cruise and never look at the deck plans. They let someone else pick their cabin and they just show up and wonder where their cabin is located? "Hey look Marge, they have a pool on this ship!":rolleyes:

I thought about getting a balcony room and then an inside for the kids, but I would feel more comfortable if the kids were in a conncecting room and be able to keep an eye on them better. I would like to say that my kids wouldn't sneak out after they had a set curfew by us, but they are kids, and I don't put anything past a teenager!

On the Mariner Deck Nine they actually have a couple of balcony cabins that connect with inside cabins, so if they're available ask for 9676 w/9681 or 9376 w/9381.

I have never been on an RCCL ship where you can open the partition on the balconies and I have stayed in numerous connecting balcony cabins.

Both of these pairs are available on June 13, June 20, June 27, one pair on July 4, July 11, July 18, July 25, August 1, August 8, one pair on August 22.

I think that I would say that the Mariner is not selling very well. :eek: :rolleyes:

Archived