cabin 1430 - riviera level - carnival glory

tizaac

any one every stayed in or around this cabin on the glory, are we in a good position or would it be better to ask (if available) for a cabin in the middle say cabin 1306. Also read alot about the air conditioning on here, is it true that it can either be too hot or too cold and is difficult to get resolved!!!!!

Thanks Tizaac

I'm thinking I was 1428 on the Glory 2 years ago. We got a terrific deal on it and were really pleased! I didn't notice any vibration or noise- all was great! :D

Thanks so much, appreciated

I'm thinking I was 1428 on the Glory 2 years ago. We got a terrific deal on it and were really pleased! I didn't notice any vibration or noise- all was great! :D

I just upgrade to 1428 OV on the Triumph. I hope you are right about the vibration in the aft being minimal for Triumph too. We did notice it on Conquest, our floor constantly vibrated, but we tuned it out.

any one every stayed in or around this cabin on the glory, are we in a good position or would it be better to ask (if available) for a cabin in the middle say cabin 1306. Also read alot about the air conditioning on here, is it true that it can either be too hot or too cold and is difficult to get resolved!!!!!

Thanks Tizaac

Just got off the Glory on 7/25 and we had cabins 1463 and 1465...the last 2 cabins. I would say get a middle cabin. we had issues with air conditioning and vibration. It was always too hot in our rooms and whenever we docked the rooms shook like crazy!

Just got off the Glory on 7/25 and we had cabins 1463 and 1465...the last 2 cabins. I would say get a middle cabin. we had issues with air conditioning and vibration. It was always too hot in our rooms and whenever we docked the rooms shook like crazy!
thanks for this, I will try to get us moved to the middle section. you say your rooms were always too hot, could you not get this sorted out, is the air conditioning not controlled to your own level

thanks for this, I will try to get us moved to the middle section. you say your rooms were always too hot, could you not get this sorted out, is the air conditioning not controlled to your own level

Middle will cost more than either forward or aft. Maybe move toward the middle, but as close as you can get and still stay in a 4A cabin?

Middle will cost more than either forward or aft. Maybe move toward the middle, but as close as you can get and still stay in a 4A cabin?
we are in cabin 1430 and 1434 so we are alittle further forward than you were but im concerned about the hot rooms, i hate sleeping in a hot room, are you not able to work the air con in your cabins or if you find it too hot do Glory not provide you with a fan to keep the rooms cooler!!!! any help would be appreciated so we can plan up front to bring something with us:confused:

we are in cabin 1430 and 1434 so we are alittle further forward than you were but im concerned about the hot rooms, i hate sleeping in a hot room, are you not able to work the air con in your cabins or if you find it too hot do Glory not provide you with a fan to keep the rooms cooler!!!! any help would be appreciated so we can plan up front to bring something with us:confused:

Im going in winter, in Dec, so not that concerned with it being too hot.

They do have box fans, if you need one, but the one person who complained said their cabin was like 77 and they like it about 72. There is a control on the wall but apparantly it still didnt get cool enough, even when turned all the way down when they cruised a couple weeks ago in July. Iv been back there before and the floor definetely vibrates, but we got used to it.

We were in 1381 (I think) in 2008 aboard the Glory. While we did not experience the vibrations we did have problems getting the rooms to cool. That was until I solved the problem. The A/C vents are covered by a diffuser and that blocks a lot of the airflow. Here is how you fix that:

When looking tat he side of the vent you will see two tabs on opposite corners that have a hole in them:

IMG_2371.jpg

Slide these tabs towards the middle of the vent:

IMG_2372.jpg

Then with a little bit of pull the cover will come out and so will the cold air (not the position of the tabs):

IMG_2373.jpg

At the end of the cruise just reverse the order.

Here is a closeup of how the tab works:

IMG_2377.jpg

I have done this on the Glory and Freedom and the room steward has never said a thing.

Wow...Hate to hear more are having AC Problems on Glory.

I tried pulling the cover of, but didn't really change anything for us...(Even with it off, it was barely "spitting" air)

Still awaiting Carnival's response to my letter.

• 2 weeks later...
We were in 1381 (I think) in 2008 aboard the Glory. While we did not experience the vibrations we did have problems getting the rooms to cool. That was until I solved the problem. The A/C vents are covered by a diffuser and that blocks a lot of the airflow. Here is how you fix that:

When looking tat he side of the vent you will see two tabs on opposite corners that have a hole in them:

IMG_2371.jpg

Slide these tabs towards the middle of the vent:

IMG_2372.jpg

Then with a little bit of pull the cover will come out and so will the cold air (not the position of the tabs):

IMG_2373.jpg

At the end of the cruise just reverse the order.

Here is a closeup of how the tab works:

IMG_2377.jpg

I have done this on the Glory and Freedom and the room steward has never said a thing.

thank you so much, will be doing this straight away, will hide the cover until we leave;)

Im going in winter, in Dec, so not that concerned with it being too hot.

They do have box fans, if you need one, but the one person who complained said their cabin was like 77 and they like it about 72. There is a control on the wall but apparantly it still didnt get cool enough, even when turned all the way down when they cruised a couple weeks ago in July. Iv been back there before and the floor definetely vibrates, but we got used to it.

Good luck! We have heard of a lot of people with AC issues coming off Glory in recent days.

By the way, to set the record straight, it was about 80 in the room with little air flow. When they measured it, it read 72...

we just got off the glory we were in 8352 balcony , we did notice the rooms were warmer then on our last sail on her. it was warmer when we were in port? and it took a while to cool down when we were underway.

our room stewart solved it this way for us in our second port.

once we started to pull out of port he went to the balcony opened the door, proped the chair so the balcony door stayed open a bit. he went to the main door flipped the dead bolt and it remained opened like a inch or two... it created a draft in which the cool air flowed from the hallway thru the cabin and out the balcony opening he created... room cooled down in 20 mins and all opens were closed.

BTW.. we were in the gloy when it was new ad wanted to sail her before she left the area... great ship...

now waiting on the dream!

Archived