Mariner of the Seas - Promenade Staterooms

We have a Promenade Stateroom on the Mariner on hold (deck 8).

What's your experience with deck 8. Is this a good location for a promenade stateroom?

It depends on your purpose and expectations of a Promenade cabin.

If you want to be able to watch the parades, Deck 8 is too high. Deck 7 is optimal.

If you just want a "window", even if it isn't an exterior window, Deck 8 is fine.

I think it's a bit high to really get a great view of the going-ons on the Prominade. We did deck 7 last time and that was good. I would do 6 before I did 8, if possible. But the value of the cabin is great regardless.

Also, try to get mid/forward if possible. All the good action is there, but watch out for the Pub if you do deck 6 on the Port side. I don't think I'd want to be directly above it. It can be loud... but it is a fun place to party at night ...

but watch out for the Pub if you do deck 6 on the Port side. I don't think I'd want to be directly above it. It can be loud... but it is a fun place to party at night ...

We have been directly over the Pub and it was horrible. Obviously the entertainer cared not about paying customers as the speakers were pointed directly at the ceiling which was directly below the floor of our cabin.:mad:

We had a Deck 8 Promenade Cabin on Mariner for 46 nights doing the repo from Florida to California. I loved that location.

I didn't find it too far to see down into the Promenade and deck 8 kinda splits the difference between Deck 5 where the Promenade is located and Deck 11 for the pool deck and Windjammer. It made it easy to take the stairs pretty much anywhere we wanted to go if we had the inclination.

We've also had a Deck 7 Promenade on Explorer and I would very slightly prefer Deck 8.

We had a Deck 8 Promenade Cabin on Mariner for 46 nights doing the repo from Florida to California. I loved that location.

I didn't find it too far to see down into the Promenade and deck 8 kinda splits the difference between Deck 5 where the Promenade is located and Deck 11 for the pool deck and Windjammer. It made it easy to take the stairs pretty much anywhere we wanted to go if we had the inclination.

We've also had a Deck 7 Promenade on Explorer and I would very slightly prefer Deck 8.[/quote]Well there you go. You got it from an experienced couple. Sounds like you've held a good room ... I do agree with deck 8 being a nice easy stair climb to deck 11 activities and the WJ. 3 deck stair climbs are doable but at 4 decks it starts to become a real chore ... or maybe we're just getting old :D

We have been directly over the Pub and it was horrible. Obviously the entertainer cared not about paying customers as the speakers were pointed directly at the ceiling which was directly below the floor of our cabin.:mad:

We had the same experience with our deck 6 PR cabin which was over the Duck & Dog pub on Adventure.

We had 2 adjoining Promenades on Deck 8 in March. One for us and one for our 2 teens.

Very nice location and good people/parade watching. The best part was having the 2 bathrooms and room for my DD and I to get ready in the evenings!

Have had several Promenade cabins and absolutely LOVE them. We've been on Deck 6 and 7 but not 8. I felt that it was too high to really be able to see. Deck 7 was okay but still a LITTLE higher than I would like. You just need to make sure (if on Deck 6) that you're not over one of the clubs....they stay open late with loud music. Being over the retail stores is okay because they close early. We usually get a room overlooking the Cafe Promenade. We love it.

Archived