Hot Plate Question ( leaving soon)

If a iron is considered a non allowed item, because it doesnt have a automatic shut off, Id say a hot plate isnt allowed either, someone should have the FAQs? I do think in Europe they allow some kind of hot tea makers in the cabins, but they are probably specially made. I dont know it as a fact, but Im 98% sure it would be a item they would confiscate if they found it, fire hazard. ... does your friends have a automatic shut off, not one you do yourself, in case its left on?

I can't even imagine a use for a hot plate. Does your friend know that there is 24 hour room services? (Free!) How about the free buffet? And the free seated dinner every night? Ok, please tell me what you might use this for!

I cruise to get away from cooking and household duties. I can't begin to imagine wanting to take a cooking appliance with me.:eek: Now a Magic Bullet for mixed drinks is a totally different story....:p

Perhaps a Foreman grill? Do they prefer to wake up to the smell of sizzling bacon? Has your friend ever grilled their own foot? Is your friend perhaps Michael Scott?

Or has your friend heard about the half-raw bacon and bacon police at the Lido buffet?

I am honestly curious--why would one need a hot plate on a cruise? I've been wracking my brain trying to discover a reason, but can't come up with anything. Would you mind shedding some light on this, please?

I am honestly curious--why would one need a hot plate on a cruise? I've been wracking my brain trying to discover a reason, but can't come up with anything. Would you mind shedding some light on this, please?

I think my friend wants to bring his Hooka and, he said you have to warm something up. I don't know what, I have never used one and don't even know if he can bring it on. He leaves on the 13th so we will see.

I think my friend wants to bring his Hooka and, he said you have to warm something up. I don't know what, I have never used one and don't even know if he can bring it on. He leaves on the 13th so we will see.

I think you can warm up a hooka with a bic lighter or a mini torch. A hot plate would be way to many BTU'sfor a hooka. Looks like someone has booked a stop in Jamica or Amsterdam. :):):)

NO, NO, Not allowed, and for good reason.

FIRE DANGER!!!

gogle photos of the Star Princess fire and ask if you would want to be responsible for that.

A hot plate did not start that fire. A cigarette did and as far as I know, they are still allowed on board.

But I do agree, a hot plate is not needed and should not be brought onboard.

Archived