Jacksonville Airport to Cruise Terminal

cakie

Can anyone advise on the most economical way to get from Jacksonville airport to the cruise terminal? Any experiences good or bad? We are flying in from Dallas morning of cruise so looking for quickest and most economical way to the terminal. Also if anyone knows if we need to make reservations for the transportation?

Thanks

You MAY be able to purchase bus transfers from the Carnvial reps that will greet cruise passengers at the airport. Just look for the Carnival setup at baggage claim. You may have to wait a while until the bus is full before heading to the ship terminal.

Don't plan on getting aboard the ship until after 11:00am or so, regardless of how soon you get to the port!

:cool:Bill

Thanks Bill.....I will look into that. As long as I am headed towards the ship that day...I wouldn't mind waiting for other passengers :)

In case it may help someone else, I did find this taxi service info:

Gator City

Taxi.......their phone is 904-355-8294

I cruised out of Jacksonville 2 years ago. At the time,not sure if Carnival offers it now in Jacksonville, Carnival did not offer transfer in JV. There is a Shuttle service that pretty much is the only service that operates out of the airport there and goes to many places in the are that was like 15.00 pp. Must have had a contract to be the only ones or something, Not really sure though so don't quote me on that. You can't pre-pay, you must wait in line. Well, the line was like 50 deep when we got there. We walked over to the cab stand where no ones was and asked about a cab. We were in the next cab and it cost us 10.00 pp plus tip and were at the terminal within 15 minutes. We were the first on board after the 20 VIP's that were ahead of us. Now I don't know how it is now but that was my experience while there Nov 07.

Just take a cab. We just did this from Jacksonville Airport to cruise terminal in June. The cab was $10.00 and the shuttle was $10.00 per person. We opted for the cab because we could go straight to cruise terminal, the shuttle was stopping to drop folks off somewhere else. Don't buy Carnival transfers, have done this in the past. You will sit on their bus until it fills up. Just grab a cab.

Archived