over $70 a barrel

LakeErieLady

when do they 'hit' you for this? if the price is over $70 when you sail- sometime during the cruise- or?

I would'nt think that once you are sailing you would get hit for it but you never know with Carnival. My guess would be they would charge it to all those that are already booked and future bookings.

If they havent hit you with it before you cruise, they wouldnt per Host Mach.

Oil has already been at $73 and Carnival announced that they were not implementing the surcharge at this time. With oil up and down around $70 why would you think they would now if they didnt last time?

In Carnival's own words ...

http://carnival-news.com/2009/06/10/carnival-corporation-plc-statement-on-reinstatement-of-fuel-supplements/

Carnival Corporation & plc Statement on Reinstatement of Fuel Supplements

Posted on 10 June 2009

At the time we suspended fuel supplements for our six North American brands, we reserved the right to reinstate them if the price of light sweet crude oil, according to the NYMEX, should increase above $70 per barrel. While we have now exceeded that threshold, in light of the economic crisis and resulting consumer weakness, we presently have no plans to institute a fuel supplement. We will continue to monitor the situation in the markets and review our position as the situation warrants.

If they havent hit you with it before you cruise, they wouldnt per Host Mach.

Oil has already been at $73 and Carnival announced that they were not implementing the surcharge at this time. With oil up and down around $70

why would you think they would now if they didnt last time?

These days you just never know what people or Corporations are going to do.;)

Oh I should mention I heard it in my living room as I told my wife.:D:D

It's nice to see a bit of humor ,every now and then :D

These days you just never know what people or Corporations are going to do.;)

On the other hand, the reason they would give some lead time, isnt for the pax, but because they would need time to do all the paperwork implementing it. Im sure they wouldnt annouce it one day that it starts the next day. ...just because it couldnt happen overnight, impossible paperwork wise. (not because they are being nice).

Actually I heard that even though you are in the middle of a sailing if the price of a barrel goes beyond a certain amount they can still charge you at the end of the cruise. And here's the KICKER...if you can't or refuse to pay for it they can prevent you from disembarking. So you are literally held hostage on the ship and you keep sailing and sailing and sailing until you pay the bill. :p

... And here's the KICKER...if you can't or refuse to pay for it they can prevent you from disembarking. So you are literally held hostage on the ship and you keep sailing and sailing and sailing until you pay the bill. :p

I LOVE this concept -- sorta like begin imprisoned in the Bastille but on a cruise ship! The French never had it so good!

Actually I heard that even though you are in the middle of a sailing if the price of a barrel goes beyond a certain amount they can still charge you at the end of the cruise. And here's the KICKER...if you can't or refuse to pay for it they can prevent you from disembarking. So you are literally held hostage on the ship and you keep sailing and sailing and sailing until you pay the bill. :p

Bring it on then! I will have to make sure to pay my sign & sail with cash and make sure I don't leave enough balance to cover the fuel charge. :D

Archived